Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything is assembled have throttle code but no throttle 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited bike starts windshield goes up and down no throttle? Please help confused

·
Registered
490 Posts
I will assume that you took the front end apart and disconnected the wiring loom behind the headlight. I just changed the handlebar on my 2015 and had the same issue. There are 2 connectors that are identical and if you switch them around the bike will start but no throttle. Trace the wires coming out of the right side of the handlebars and you will find that connector. Then find the other and switch them around. Get something to mark the connectors for the next time you take it apart.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will assume that you took the front end apart and disconnected the wiring loom behind the headlight. I just changed the handlebar on my 2015 and had the same issue. There are 2 connectors that are identical and if you switch them around the bike will start but no throttle. Trace the wires coming out of the right side of the handlebars and you will find that connector. Then find the other and switch them around. Get something to mark the connectors for the next time you take it apart.
was able to find the problem got it all resolved and there's a big change between 2015 and 2019 in the wiring harness you disconnect one huge Main and slide it between the amplifier and the Forks then you pull the wiring back that was in the handlebars all the connections are individual at the grips the throttle connection is right where the handlebars turndown I used aftermarket kst Apaches so the turn was sharp and the throttle wire connection comes apart very easily taped the connection so it couldn't come apart pulled it back all was well by

1 - 3 of 3 Posts