Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Indian Vintage
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All... I just got a 2001 Indian vintage. Naturally I love it. I am having one minor problem. While trying to install the Indian leather handlebar bag that attaches to the headlight nacelle, I cannot get the screws to properly lineup to install the bag after removing the original screws. it looks like the nacelle has has pulled away slightly so that the holes do not line up with the threads that hold it in place. i’ve tried pushing it back together but it barely moves and I have not been able to simultaneously do that while inserting the bolts to hold it together. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'm afraid I don't know much about the Gilroy Indians other than they look pretty cool. My only suggestion is to offer up what I would do. Get another pair of hands to help line everything up. Sometimes with the Polaris Indian's that nacelle gets crowded with connectors, wires, and tape. Anything in the way can mess up the alignment easily and it's tough to see and navigate from a single point of view.

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
1,065 Posts
Actually I don't think the Gilroy's came out with the Chief Vintage until the 2003 model. You have either a 2001 Centennial Chief or a Chief, both great bikes. Can you post a picture of your problem?

·
Registered
2021 Indian Vintage
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So sorry. My Vintage is a 2021 model. Not 2001. It’s brand new. Has anyone had this problem with the nacelle?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yup, I used a couple of wood clamps to squeeze the nacelle together to line up the screw holes. Let me tell you it was still a pain in the butt to get it lined up, but it eventually worked. Hope this helps. 😎

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I think you'll enjoy that bag. I had one on my 2016 Vintage and loved it. I added the Indian 12v cigarette lighter that permitted power for a handlebar mounted GPS. Lots of room inside and looks great too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yup a PIA to install but worth it. I took the windshield off to to get it to sit right. Screws were a pain to line up but once in they were good to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts