Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone adjusted the bars up/forward a little? Is it difficult? Did it put undue stress on clutch cable? If possible I'd like to turn mine up 1.5 - 2 inches.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did it. No problems, but you do have to rotate the controls when you do it.

Before:

After:
Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks & SEMPER FIDELIS 1992-2006

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was easy. I used an extended ball Allen socket 6mm & went up from the bottom. To rotate the controls I used T26. Rotated the bars about 2.5 inches. Made a huge difference. Took about 5 minutes.

·
Rider
2017 Springfield
964 Posts
It made a huge difference for me. I’m glad you got it done.

Reactions: DDBCK

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was told that the controls wouldn’t rotate because they are bolted through the handle bars. I’ve been wanting to adjust my bars up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Rider
2017 Springfield
964 Posts
I was told that the controls wouldn’t rotate because they are bolted through the handle bars. I’ve been wanting to adjust my bars up.

Mine definitely did rotate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

On mine the clutch & brake levers do rotate, but the controls (horn, blinker, cruise) don't. The rotation for the controls is so minimal you barely notice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts