Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my stock mirrors. Is it possible to drill out the threaded insert? Or am I looking at having to buy aftermarket hollow bars?

·
Bronze member
5,082 Posts
It would help if you told us what bike you have. It sounds like it might be a Scout Bobber but without more info we are all in the dark out here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know that would make sense. Sorry about that. I have a 2020 scout bobber. I was looking for a forum on this but I came up empty.

·
Bronze member
5,082 Posts
The Bobbers are in the Scout section. In the early days the forum started a section for each variation but as models increased over time it was getting a bit scattered. There have been a few bobber owners chasing up different mirrors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am in the same boat as you. I bought 2020 Scout Bobber 60 and have the same question on the bar end mirrors. I have been searching the web and couldn't find a video or instructions specific to Scout Bobbers. Would love to know a bit more before I drill open a hole on the bar grip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me too, I called the dealer and they told me without seeing one in their hands they couldn't give advice. They also said that it may be possible to run a 1/2" bit to drill it out then use a die grinder to smooth it out as the inserts are welded in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I found this post and hope it helps. I would avoid the welding etc., a threaded insert is the best option and as per this post, its possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts