Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Chieftain Classic and I need my stock bars to come back about 3 inches and raised about the same amount of space. Are there risers I can buy or is it best to just change the bars out and get the Indian pullbacks? Is there another brand that is good? Should these be installed at the dealership or are they fairly simple to install at home or my local bike shop. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2017 Chieftain Classic and I need my stock bars to come back about 3 inches and raised about the same amount of space. Are there risers I can buy or is it best to just change the bars out and get the Indian pullbacks? Is there another brand that is good? Should these be installed at the dealership or are they fairly simple to install at home or my local bike shop. Thanks.
I had the same problem on my challenger. Indian makes a extended reach bar and that’s what I did. I am all the better for it. muck better control and ride position.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I bought the 4” DirtyBird bars. They are 4” higher but zero pullback. You could buy the 8” and rotate them back to you. The dealership charges 4hrs labor and it takes nearly that long for a tech to do it. They have to completely remove the faring.

You could also look into ROX RISERS.

B5F5808D-3EDE-4535-9805-918B42B91F12.jpeg
7A2D9705-E47B-4AD9-9515-67FB81DDCBB8.jpeg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the 4” DirtyBird bars. They are 4” higher but zero pullback. You could buy the 8” and rotate them back to you. The dealership charges 4hrs labor and it takes nearly that long for a tech to do it. They have to completely remove the faring.

View attachment 587931 View attachment 587932
[/QUOTE

View attachment 587931 View attachment 587932
Those look good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts