Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying a Indian leather Handle bar bag for my Vintage. Any feedback would be a help. How it's attached? Seems to sit high. I don't use my windshield, wondering how it would look without windshield, any one have pics how it looks without windshield. Thanks

·
Founding Member
431 Posts
I love my handle bar bag, it is held in place using two supplied screws and spacers. They replace the two screws on top of the headlight nacelle. The bag is lined with a velcro closed bottom to allow you to get to the screws. It also has a pocket on the front inside you can put an iPod or MP3 players in. There is a small hole on the lower front of the bag so you can thread a power cord and speaker wires through. I keep my garage door opener in it along with my log book and registration. The larger part of the bag I use for my sun glasses and any paperwork/maps I might carry. Be aware in heavy bug hits they will build up on the front part of the bag and back side of the windshield. Here in Florida May and September are pretty bad for love bugs that seem to hover over the hot pavement. Hit a cloud of them and you'll be stopping shortly to clean off the bike. Nasty little things that will eat your paint off the bike it you let them bake in the sun. IMG_0507.jpg IMG_0508.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have recently purchased one. Looks big on the outside, not so big inside, but is functional for what it is intended. Bolts right up to the handlebar nacelle which allows you to remove the windshield without removing the bag. It has "Indian" inscribed on the front which cannot be seen when the shield is on. I have my power socket run through the hole in the bag and can run my GPS, MP3 or cell phone to the power inside the bag. I keep my sunglasses, power adapter, gloves and garage door opener in there. Closes with SNAPS and also have velcro. Kind of pricey at 199.99 but couldn't fine a shield bag in distressed tan - well, did find a couple but were out of stock with no eta available (!). Difference of about 150 bucks. Then if you want the Indian Concho it's an extra 10 bucks. Really? You'll grow to like it once the sticker shock wears off.

Nick

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the pics. The bag Looks great. Little sticker shock on the price, but I think that's going to be the norm for any distressed vintage leather.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thank you for the pics. The bag Looks great. Little sticker shock on the price, but I think that's going to be the norm for any distressed vintage leather.
And the Indian conchos is NOT free with the bag. (Found out the hard way)....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just a thought. Try Horn Dawg.com A lot of leather stuff for Indians, old and new. Located in Indianapolis IN, USA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought the bag but for the life of me I cannot get the replacement screws to take hold in the holes on top of the nacelle on my Vintage. I'm afraid to push and force turn them. Even the original screws will stop at one turn going back in. Any advice?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Cheapcycleparts. Com
Genuine Indian parts at a discounted price.
Handlebar bag. $148.
Conchos. $41
I've used them and it's the real deal.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have one on my Springfield. It's so handy!!! However, when the windshield is off it looks like crap. Sits way too high and ugly - detracts from the beauty of the headlight nacelle. If I rode without a windshield, that handlebar bag would be coming off for sure.

Reactions: VistaChief

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have found the handlebar bag such a great asset. I ride with the windshield on most the time (we can get fog or drizzle a lot round here). But I have run without the shield and it is perfectly fine. I keep my wallet and phone in there plus a bunch of miscellaneous stuff. 2nd best accessory I bought for my Vintage - best is the lowers.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Got one on my Springfield. Love it too. It's very handy for quick access to stuff you are always messing with during rides: sunglasses, gloves, phone, wallet, etc. I also have the small tank bag, which is just large enough for my wallet but not much else so that's what I use it for which frees up even more room in the handlebar bag. I would say the the bar bag is a must. At least it is for me. I'll never go without one again.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Very, very handy. Glad I have one on mine. Also have the Indian power cord routed to inside of it. great for sunglasses, gloves, hairbrush (for wife), and other small items. Good place for Iphone hooked to charger and listening to Pandora over bluetooth helmet speakers

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just installed the bag on my SF. Used the included hardware as per instructions and the bag seem loose and flops around. Looks like it would be better without the spacers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts