Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I lowered the angle of the handle bars to accommodate my frame better. It is comfortable, may need some tweaking to get just right.
The engine sounds quieter?
It seems to run better, and changing gears is smoother I have a more natural grip on the throttle and clutch lever, rather than a constant twist. I don't think it did but could the lower angle have tightened up my clutch cable a tad?
Will have photos up in a few hours. Throttle boss helps with the twist now, since the throttle is offset from the original position. The only thing I could compare it to would be say you moved the gas pedal further back in a car's floor and you have to reach a little further to push it all the way, likewise, the throttle starts closer to me and my natural grip position, but the max is farther of a twist down now.
Which I as a new rider am not maxing out the throttle
*wink wink
Any thoughts or have others done this?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire
Scooter Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Cruiser Chopper

not a huge change but I like it. makes the mirrors not seem so obnoxiously high.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
So I lowered the angle of the handle bars to accommodate my frame better. It is comfortable, may need some tweaking to get just right.
The engine sounds quieter?
It seems to run better, and changing gears is smoother I have a more natural grip on the throttle and clutch lever, rather than a constant twist. I don't think it did but could the lower angle have tightened up my clutch cable a tad?
Will have photos up in a few hours. Throttle boss helps with the twist now, since the throttle is offset from the original position. The only thing I could compare it to would be say you moved the gas pedal further back in a car's floor and you have to reach a little further to push it all the way, likewise, the throttle starts closer to me and my natural grip position, but the max is farther of a twist down now.
Which I as a new rider am not maxing out the throttle
*wink wink
Any thoughts or have others done this?
Have you looked into reduced reach bars?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I like the idea of the reduced bars but my wallet keeps talking me out of it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Nice garage!! I bought reduced reach but am waiting for winter to install them.. Well, for hubby to install them.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, that's the service drive way for the dealership I work at. It was built this year so the garage areas are pretty cool.
The bike has a much more aggressive drive to it with the lowered grip.
Or I feel more confident at this angle. Counter steering is much smoother.
How much were the reduced bars total?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thanks, that's the service drive way for the dealership I work at. It was built this year so the garage areas are pretty cool.
The bike has a much more aggressive drive to it with the lowered grip.
Or I feel more confident at this angle. Counter steering is much smoother.
How much were the reduced bars total?
I got the bars from a guy on a Scout forum. Either here or on FB. He sold them to me for $100. Not a bad deal - almost half of the dealer cost and they were barely used.

·
Registered
637 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts