Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I know a guy that had them on his Street Glide. I think they were homemade out of some sheet metal and brackets though. I had these on my Honda Shadow, but they never really seemed to work all that well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I seen the one's from memphis shades thought might help protect hands when above the fairing because of taller bars. But haven't seen any on the Indians yet

·
Banned
4,926 Posts
You could check the vendor list... I think forum member/Vendor Marcus might make hand guards.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I've not got the mid rise bars but put Marcus' hand guards on my Springfield. They work really well, look good on the dark horse (I sprayed them matte black), and only take ten seconds to remove/replace for summer/winter.

·
Rider
548 Posts
The mid rise bars are great. Perfect for me. The guards mount under the mirror. Very simple to install.
Thanks!! I have mid-rise bars as well and really like them...do miss the protection we get with the standard bars, but the shoulder relief is worth that loss....think I'll order a set of these for use in the winter months. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Definitely have to look in to those. They look very interesting, and look like they could work pretty good. I'd also be interested to know others experiences with them. Starting to get warmer, sure could have used them in the colder weather. The heated grips are nice, but the cold clutch and brake levers pierce through the already hot glove leather so fast, too. I ride as much as I can during winter. I guess it's spring now, not sure how much of a necessity they are for the time being. I still find even with the RM fairing, the wind still gets to the exterior of the fingers. And if you want to reach for a turn signal or radio station change, or set the cruise control.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts