Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have and use the Indian half travel cover? If so, will it still work with a rider & passenger backrest? The pictures don't really show how it attaches to things.

·
Bronze member
1,501 Posts
Anyone have and use the Indian half travel cover? If so, will it still work with a rider & passenger backrest? The pictures don't really show how it attaches to things.
AZ, I just picked up my Challenger half cover today.......it's still in my saddle bag. I think they leave enough "slack" for fold down rider backrest.........might not work with passenger backrest. I had one for my Chieftain and no issues with rider backrest, but it would definitely not fit with passenger backrest. I'm betting Indian set up with cover the same way for our Challengers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AZ, I just picked up my Challenger half cover today.......it's still in my saddle bag. I think they leave enough "slack" for fold down rider backrest.........might not work with passenger backrest. I had one for my Chieftain and no issues with rider backrest, but it would definitely not fit with passenger backrest. I'm betting Indian set up with cover the same way for our Challengers.
Thanks for the info. When you do end up using it, throw a couple pics up. I'm curious how it hooks on to the seat and fairing to keep it in place.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
AZ, no it won't for the Passenger backrest, but yes on the rider backrest. the back part of the cover actually tucks under the rear part of the seat, has elastic to keep it in place being tucked under. It's possible it might reach back to the sissy bar, but don't think so.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AZ, no it won't for the Passenger backrest, but yes on the rider backrest. the back part of the cover actually tucks under the rear part of the seat, has elastic to keep it in place being tucked under. It's possible it might reach back to the sissy bar, but don't think so.
Ok, thanks. Guess that saves me $80.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I bought one on Ebay that fits my RM and there are many sizes to choose from. It's more lightweight than the Indian brand, but I actually prefer it that way so it takes up less room when stowed. Nice quality and about $20-$30.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought one on Ebay that fits my RM and there are many sizes to choose from. It's more lightweight than the Indian brand, but I actually prefer it that way so it takes up less room when stowed. Nice quality and about $20-$30.
Yea, I have a cycle shade, basically covers the seat. Figured if this cover would work with backrests I'd try it since it also covered the fairing.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
The one I bought covers the entire top of the bike from front fender to trunk.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
X Autohaux. Mine is XL size and said to fit a Harley touring bike. Cost about $20 at the time. The link for my seller no longer shows this exact model, but there are others that might fit. There were many other sellers with similar items and a lot to choose. I am very happy with it and would consider it a bargain at twice the price.

Reactions: Usafle

·
Registered
553 Posts
I probably should order a Large for my CDH since, no trunk and a medium for the Wife's Bobber?

X Autohaux. Mine is XL size and said to fit a Harley touring bike. Cost about $20 at the time. The link for my seller no longer shows this exact model, but there are others that might fit. There were many other sellers with similar items and a lot to choose. I am very happy with it and would consider it a bargain at twice the price.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Probably but hard to say. The cover has an elastic around the bottom that would make it fit comfortably on a range of bike sizes. Better a little too big than not big enough.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I use mine all the time. When riding to work, covering the bike keeps pollen, dust, and UV off my bike. Since it doesn't touch the exhaust, no need to wait for the bike to cool down. Easy on - easy off. I think you'll like it.

·
Bronze member
1,501 Posts

Here you go; covers just the critical components of the bike and tucks behind the stock passenger pillion. Will NOT fit over passenger backrest. It is of HEAVY material and will certainly keep hailstones from impacting your bike!!! Used my IMRG discount and got it for about $50.

·
Bronze member
1,501 Posts
Not once have I ever gotten a discount coupon code or anything from IMRG.
Work with your dealer. Do you have a local IMRG club!?!?!? Most dealers offer 15% off MSRP for riders who belong to the Club. Not big savings....but pays for the sales tax and takes the "sting" away for a few minutes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts