Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried attaching a face shield on the Indian Classic Half Helmet?

Before I try it, I wanted to know if anyone has done it already and could provide some recommendations.
I was looking at this shield, but I'm not sure if it'll fit the helmet.

If it works, I can avoid having to purchase another helmet.
I appreciate any advises!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi MilwDave,
You attached the bubble shield with the Indian half helmet?
I use a bubble shield and have used a flip shield like you’re considering but they only work on the old school three snap helmet system. Pretty sure that new Indian half helmet is not the same snap system

·
Rider
1,281 Posts
I use a bubble shield and have used a flip shield like you’re considering but they only work on the old school three snap helmet system. Pretty sure that new Indian half helmet is not the same snap system
Yeah, it would depend on the snaps. That's the shield that I use on my Daytona Carbon Fiber. So if the Indian has that old style snap system, you should be fine.

BD

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah, it would depend on the snaps. That's the shield that I use on my Daytona Carbon Fiber. So if the Indian has that old style snap system, you should be fine.

BD
I purchased the Indian bubble shield to snap onto my Indian 3/4 helmet, and the snaps were not sized the same. After significant pressure I engaged two snaps, but when I tried to remove the shield, the pop rivets pulled through the shield's snaps. I ultimately came up with a less than ideal solution. . . but don't ask my why Indian's bubble shield snaps did not fit its 3/4 helmet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts