Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to join the club and add a coin for the horn cover. I am happy with look and feel. Added some clear non-yellowing acrylic to the silver coin to inhibit tarnishing (gonna see how that works out). Used High temp silicon adhesive to mount it. Letting it sit till tomorrow to put back on the Dark Horse.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree. When I took my DH for its 500 mile service, I noticed the dealership had a DH with the Indian logo polished on the neck. It looked pretty good. It is one of those ideas I've been considering now that I've seen it on the bike.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
this looks good. Its the little touches that make the bike

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The quality of this bike is so much more than my past bikes. I am very cautious about the updates that I am doing, simply because I want to respect the level of quality, fit and finish. Going slower on the customization and farkle than I normally would.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Probably gonna do something like this myself. And I'm like you Chip. These bikes are so nice I feel like I have to be very careful in what I do.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Looks great.....thought about doing something similar but need the head facing forward.....like the 20 other Indian heads on my Dark Horse. :p

·
Registered
407 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Aeromach one (CI-1050S) is nice. Just ordered it. On the other side, has anyone found anything to put on the air cleaner cover? That's just kind of a big, black blah.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks, Rider John. Will probably have to order one of the Aeromach ones myself.....really liking that price better. ;)

Yep, the DH air cleaner cover looked unfinished to me. So I did this:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Horn Covers are now available
The Type with bracket cast to the top to fit Kings mountain and later Gilroy types plus with the addition of Marks fitting kit these will also fit the new Polaris Chief. (if you need the complete kit please approach Mark directly.

These 30's horn faces are now available unfinished in raw Aluminium. Thats means you can paint, anodise, plate or just polish them to suit your self. $140.00USD posted from Australia to USA

I also have the flat 30's kind that allows a horn to bolted to the back which is good for earlier Gilroys or the new Scouts. Although we do also make a complete kit for the scouts as well.
The Flat horn face is $120.00USD inc postage

These are hand cast in Australia not mass produced in the far east.
Please remember these are supplied in an unfinished condition so you will need to finish them your self.

How it works. I send you a paypal invoice you pay me within 48 hrs i send out the horn and within 7-10 days its delivered to you.
polaris horn face.jpg
flat horn face on early gilroy.jpg
0 0 0 SCOUT HORN 03-500x500.JPG

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I put the same thing on mine need to find something to dress up the stock air cleaner any suggestions

1 - 20 of 35 Posts