Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my bike in to have the recall for the gear selector. While there they said they had to complete a reflash. I got home about three days later I was riding and I was flipping through the different settings on my cluster and I noticed my tire pressure sensor that measures the tire pressure is no longer on the gauge... WTF over

·
Rider
445 Posts
Try using the other toggle. I remember reading that the function gets moved during one of the updates.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The right hand toggle shows the tyre pressures after the update, but oddly mine came back set in KPA not PSI so now 46PSI is 315 KPA , it is the same pressure but I understand what PSI means!

·
Registered
221 Posts
The same happened to me - TPMS was not working after the recall job was completed. The TPMS needs to be reset because the update to the VCM for the new gear selection sensor settings wipes out the TPMS settings. Resetting Your TPMS is easy if you have a TPMS activation tool. If not, it’s a quick and easy job for the dealer to do. For some reason, a lot of techs are forgetting to do this after doing the required VCM update.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Mine was the same. I had to take the bike back so they could make the bike see the pressure sensors again.

And with the shift to the right trigger, the display now shows KPA instead of PSI. They could not find a way to bring it back to PSI. In the original setup procedure this was configurable, along with the choice between miles/kilometers, gallons/liters etc.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mine was the same. I had to take the bike back so they could make the bike see the pressure sensors again.

And with the shift to the right trigger, the display now shows KPA instead of PSI. They could not find a way to bring it back to PSI. In the original setup procedure this was configurable, along with the choice between miles/kilometers, gallons/liters etc.
Dr.Shifty, It sounds like you have a shifty-f tech — if your tech doesn’t have the service manual or can’t figure how to set it right, he can call Polaris tech support (which is always available to help any Indian dealer tech). Sounds like your tech just can’t be bothered or isn’t smart enough to ask for help when he can’t figure out how to do something. I’m sad to say that I have had less than competent and/or less than ethical service experiences at 3 of the 5 Indian dealerships that I’ve gone to.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Dr.Shifty, It sounds like you have a shifty-f tech — if your tech doesn’t have the service manual or can’t figure how to set it right, he can call Polaris tech support (which is always available to help any Indian dealer tech). Sounds like your tech just can’t be bothered or isn’t smart enough to ask for help when he can’t figure out how to do something. I’m sad to say that I have had less than competent and/or less than ethical service experiences at 3 of the 5 Indian dealerships that I’ve gone to.
I've always had good service from this dealer. It's a large multi-brand store and they have 6 or 8 techs working on bikes as well as receptionist and service manager at the front desk. They've always been up to speed if I've had questions in the past.

The tech guy spent over half an hour on the phone to head office trying to chase somebody who could tell him where the new KPA / PSI swap could be done. He couldn't find anybody who knew how to do it so he put in an email request. I haven't heard anything back from him about it yet. It's a mild nuisance but doesn't get in the way of riding.

Here in Oz we use metric for fuel and distance but PSI for tyre pressure. When I couldn't find a way to set it I thought it might have seen the metric values for the others and assumed I wanted KPA. So I changed the others to miles and gallons, but it stayed on KPA.

If anybody knows how to swap it over I'd be glad of the advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts