Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my bike in to get the cams done. Had them put in a dobeck I had received for Christmas. They installed it, but did not do the O2 bypass. Bike runs OK, except it feels wonky when I roll off the throttle all the way. Almost like there is a point where fuel shuts off completely. Could this be the result of no o2 bypass, or am I going to have to change some settings (after doing the bypass)?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
When i got my EJK it was a stage one flash from the factory. You might need to adjust it.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I don't have the EJK or the RM it was in.

·
3,424 Posts
Took my bike in to get the cams done. Had them put in a dobeck I had received for Christmas. They installed it, but did not do the O2 bypass. Bike runs OK, except it feels wonky when I roll off the throttle all the way. Almost like there is a point where fuel shuts off completely. Could this be the result of no o2 bypass, or am I going to have to change some settings (after doing the bypass)?
Did you have them install the ECM flash for the Stage 2 cams? If you install the Dobeck programmer the settings need to be set up for what is programmed into the bike ECM. There would be two settings for the Dobeck, one with the stage two flash and one without the flash. That is the only way to get the optimum settings to make your bike run the best. Dean

·
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you have them install the ECM flash for the Stage 2 cams? If you install the Dobeck programmer the settings need to be set up for what is programmed into the bike ECM. There would be two settings for the Dobeck, one with the stage two flash and one without the flash. That is the only way to get the optimum settings to make your bike run the best. Dean
Yes, they did the official Indian flash for the stage 2 cams. Is there even ejk settings for the stage 2 yet? I haven't seen anyone post settings for stage 2.

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,749 Posts
If the O2 bypass jumpers are not installed, the ECM is going to constantly adjust fuel settings that the Dobeck is trying to change. In short, it ain't gonna run right...
The Dobeck also needs to be adjusted for the cams. This can be done with a Air/Fuel ration meter yourself, although there is someone here with the cams and a Dobeck that could probably set you up.

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
Enzo has a Dobeck EJK installed with the stage 2 cams and the preprogrammed EJK at their recommended stage1 settings. He says it runs very good. Bottom line is you need the Indian stage 2 flash and the EJK programmed to stage 1 and the O2 sensors disconnected and the O2 bypass plugs installed.

At a later date Dobeck will have stage 2 program recommendations that will fine tune the EFI.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mikehell,

We recommend disconnecting the stock O2 sensors and installing the bypasses. The bike should run much smoother. If you do the Stage 2 cams, you will get the stage 2 Indian download and then start with the recommended settings. The Stage 2 reflash for cams changes the fuel curve for the cams, but then makes the bike run street legal or how it did stock...lean. That's why we can use the recommended settings and have a good tune up as it is just like we are correcting the fueling for the stock bike.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

-TuningHQ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts