Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you go to their site (Welcome to Hacker Custom Exhaust at Other exhaust) they say they have a Scout on order and will be working on a new exhaust for the Scout, but doesn't say what type of exhaust they are building.

I have been in communication with a dealer from New Zealand as someone posted pictures of a Scout with the Wall of Death exhaust on it on a Scout on their showroom floor:

The reason I bring this up is I received an out of the blue reply from my friends in NZ and they mentioned Hacker. Here is the email I got.

Hi Mate.
You should call Hacker Exhausts. They are developing a similar system as we speak.

http://www.hackercustomexhaust.com/products/index.php
Cheers

So this may be a glimpse into what Hacker is making!

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you go to their site (Welcome to Hacker Custom Exhaust at Other exhaust) they say they have a Scout on order and will be working on a new exhaust for the Scout, but doesn't say what type of exhaust they are building.

I have been in communication with a dealer from New Zealand as someone posted pictures of a Scout with the Wall of Death exhaust on it on a Scout on their showroom floor:

The reason I bring this up is I received an out of the blue reply from my friends in NZ and they mentioned Hacker. Here is the email I got.

Hi Mate.
You should call Hacker Exhausts. They are developing a similar system as we speak.

http://www.hackercustomexhaust.com/products/index.php
Cheers

So this may be a glimpse into what Hacker is making!
Very interesting. Nice clean look. I'd like to hear them and see some dyno stats for performance.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Actually if you click on Indian on that page it explains that they are working on some.

"We are developing Ripper's, Zoomies and a stepped Header for the new 2015 Scout and expect to have products ready to ship in Feb 2015, and we will be adding Full high performance systems for the 2014 Chief in April 2015"

I am very interested to see what they look and sound like.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I LIKE! Hopefully they get there bike soon and start showing what they can do for us.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Actually if you click on Indian on that page it explains that they are working on some.

"We are developing Ripper's, Zoomies and a stepped Header for the new 2015 Scout and expect to have products ready to ship in Feb 2015, and we will be adding Full high performance systems for the 2014 Chief in April 2015"

I am very interested to see what they look and sound like.
I'm curious about the stepped headers. Will these be a separate exhaust that can be used with existing stage 1 slip-ons? Improved flow + no cats. Hmmmm ????

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
My returned email inquiry from Hacker:
We almost have our AMS modules developed, this will be required for performance exhaust, These and performance slip-ons will be available mid Feb, then we are adding a stepped short header, then Zoomies and Rippers. We are shooting for March to have our stepped headers ready.
Thanks
Hacker Custom Exhaust

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
My returned email inquiry from Hacker:
We almost have our AMS modules developed, this will be required for performance exhaust, These and performance slip-ons will be available mid Feb, then we are adding a stepped short header, then Zoomies and Rippers. We are shooting for March to have our stepped headers ready.
Thanks
Hacker Custom Exhaust
Sweeeet, look forward to seeing these.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Scout with the aftermarket exhaust looks similar to Hacker's Zoomies....(pic below - sliver motorcycle)....I am hoping to see Hacker's Rippers...(pic below - purple motorcycle) - these pipes have more of a curve and compliments the Scout very well. They have a Facebook page "Hacker Custom Exhaust - Motorcycle Exhausts" which should be "liked" - they don't update their webpage often but they provide updates on Facebook.

Attachments

·
Founding member
439 Posts
The Scout with the aftermarket exhaust looks similar to Hacker's Zoomies....(pic below - sliver motorcycle)....I am hoping to see Hacker's Rippers...(pic below - purple motorcycle) - these pipes have more of a curve and compliments the Scout very well. They have a Facebook page "Hacker Custom Exhaust - Motorcycle Exhausts" which should be "liked" - they don't update their webpage often but they provide updates on Facebook.
I agree, hope they make the Ripper like the one pictured.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been emailing with Hacker yesterday and got some updates. This directly from them:

Hey Andrew;

We finally received our Scout 2 1/2 months late, we were told that Indian would ship according to preorders, well, we put ours in the 6th of August, we were one of the very first to put money down...However Indian saw fit to ship to Ca last when everyone in the states already received theirs. We were told Mid Sept to Mid Oct delivery, we did not receive the bike until the 1st week in Jan.

Releasing High performance exhaust is one thing, however we know from 40+ years building high performance exhaust that riders will need a proper fuel delivery system, so first on the agenda was getting our AMS modules set up to fit the new Scout. That is now done and we will have our AMS fuel control modules ready within 2 weeks, at the same time we are releasing high performance Slip-ons, these will be available in all chrome, All Glacier Black ceramic or black mufflers with chrome tips or Chrome mufflers with Black tips. We have already ran these on the Scout and they a much needed boost in power. We are not stopping there.

We will have out in April our Zoomies (Check out our Victory page, we have been selling Zoomies for the Victory's since 2007, it seems several manufactures are down right copying these), then Ripper's and a short stepped War-header. Of Course we will offering our AMS-exhaust discount of $120.00 when purchasing both.

thanks

Hacker Custom Exhaust

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Then they sent this reply:

Andrew:

I forgot to mention that the first sets of slip-ons just came back from the coaters, we will have pricing, pictures on our website early next week and Videos with sound clips on our Facebook page within a few days.

Thanks

Hacker Custom Exhaust

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I've been emailing with Hacker yesterday and got some updates. This directly from them:

Hey Andrew;

We finally received our Scout 2 1/2 months late, we were told that Indian would ship according to preorders, well, we put ours in the 6th of August, we were one of the very first to put money down...However Indian saw fit to ship to Ca last when everyone in the states already received theirs. We were told Mid Sept to Mid Oct delivery, we did not receive the bike until the 1st week in Jan.

Releasing High performance exhaust is one thing, however we know from 40+ years building high performance exhaust that riders will need a proper fuel delivery system, so first on the agenda was getting our AMS modules set up to fit the new Scout. That is now done and we will have our AMS fuel control modules ready within 2 weeks, at the same time we are releasing high performance Slip-ons, these will be available in all chrome, All Glacier Black ceramic or black mufflers with chrome tips or Chrome mufflers with Black tips. We have already ran these on the Scout and they a much needed boost in power. We are not stopping there.

We will have out in April our Zoomies (Check out our Victory page, we have been selling Zoomies for the Victory's since 2007, it seems several manufactures are down right copying these), then Ripper's and a short stepped War-header. Of Course we will offering our AMS-exhaust discount of $120.00 when purchasing both.

thanks

Hacker Custom Exhaust
Then they sent this reply:

Andrew:

I forgot to mention that the first sets of slip-ons just came back from the coaters, we will have pricing, pictures on our website early next week and Videos with sound clips on our Facebook page within a few days.

Thanks

Hacker Custom Exhaust
Excellent news, looking forward to seeing these.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Hey Andrew;

thanks

Hacker Custom Exhaust
Hey Andrew, thanks for doing the digging on the Hacker exhaust. Can't wait to see and hear them. Should be most interesting having even more and more options. I'll be picking up the red Scout about mid-March, depending on the weather and my lack of patience. I can hardly wait!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Hey Andrew, thanks for doing the digging on the Hacker exhaust. Can't wait to see and hear them. Should be most interesting having even more and more options. I'll be picking up the red Scout about mid-March, depending on the weather and my lack of patience. I can hardly wait!
I'm getting mine brought home Monday. Time to start putzing :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm getting mine brought home Monday. Time to start putzing :)
Yes sir, troop, this winter stuff is almost more than this old boy can stand. I've been collecting a few small parts (nice little LED turn signals, tan grip wraps, mirror extensions, luggage rack in the works, etc.) so, cold garage or not, I'm sure it will be coming home sooner than first planned. Let the putzing begin!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts