Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my running lights on my Chieftain burnt out so went to purchase a new set but they were not available where i went, but they had a set of LED H8 bulbs for $99.00can. I installed them and they are nice. I liked them so much i threw away the packaging and receipt. Opps!
Now the flashing light that indicates a bulb blown, won't stop flashing, anyone know of a fix except to kiss my $99.00 +tax goodbye :sneaky:

·
Rider
418 Posts
Can tell you for sure but I had a Yammy Road star that I changed out the turn signals. They needed a load balancer in order to not throw the blown bulb code. I would assume the same here

·
Bronze member
1,161 Posts

·
Silver member
5,030 Posts
Go to Custom Dynamics website and read up. Your bike needs a load balancer like suggested. The Bosch VCU is very sensitive to voltage spike or drop. Otherwise take them out and buy the 20.00 bulbs at Kragen or Autozone...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of my running lights on my Chieftain burnt out so went to purchase a new set but they were not available where i went, but they had a set of LED H8 bulbs for $99.00can. I installed them and they are nice. I liked them so much i threw away the packaging and receipt. Opps!
Now the flashing light that indicates a bulb blown, won't stop flashing, anyone know of a fix except to kiss my $99.00 +tax goodbye :sneaky:
thanks for the suggestions, decided to throw more money at it and gonna try Zammers Suggestion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts