Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
“If you ride an 883 (with Stage 1 air/exhaust - ez), don’t race a stock Scout...” (And the blogger - sorry, Vlogger- says they need to re-do the Scout, because they didn’t take it far enough to see its “true power.”)

·
Registered
255 Posts
I like Blockhead's videos. I've seen him a few times at local Orlando bike hangouts. He's done some test ride videos on Indian's lineup as well. Didn't seem like he was too much of a fan of any of the bikes in particular. Interested to see how he builds out the Scout though. Maybe he'll come around to Indian.

·
Registered
35 Posts
“If you ride an 883 (with Stage 1 air/exhaust - ez), don’t race a stock Scout...” (And the blogger - sorry, Vlogger- says they need to re-do the Scout, because they didn’t take it far enough to see its “true power.”)

Why wouldn't an 1133 out perform and 883! Shouldn't the comparison be an HD48 w/ a more similar engine size. Now I understand why this guy is a blockhead!

·
Registered
255 Posts
He's comparing each manufacturer's entry level bike to one another, not necessarily each manufacturer's equivalent bike. He's actually building all these bikes out and giving them away to three of his subscribers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
He's comparing each manufacturer's entry level bike to one another, not necessarily each manufacturer's equivalent bike. He's actually building all these bikes out and giving them away to three of his subscribers.
Isn't the Indian entry level bike the Indian Scout Sixty?

·
Registered
255 Posts
True, but he also got these bikes at a steep discount through sponsors, etc. so I think he is taking what he can get at the same time. I don't think the video is meant to be an apples to apples comparison. He's going to dyno them all again once he finishes building them all out so he was more or less just trying to get a baseline.

·
Rider
1,200 Posts
“If you ride an 883 (with Stage 1 air/exhaust - ez), don’t race a stock Scout...”
To beat a stock Scout, throw the entire Iron 883 in the nearest, slimiest dumpster and pick up a Sportster 48 1200, then get a Stage 3 and maaaaaaaaybe you'd beat a Scout 69...

THAT's what you would need, literally...

Reactions: EZ Rider 55

·
Registered
697 Posts
To beat a stock Scout, throw the entire Iron 883 in the nearest, slimiest dumpster and pick up a Sportster 48 1200, then get a Stage 3 and maaaaaaaaybe you'd beat a Scout 69...

THAT's what you would need, literally...
A 1200 sporty is something like 58 horsepower. I’m not sure I see one beating a scout without forced induction.

Reactions: riderguy

·
Registered
255 Posts
For those following, they re-did the dyno on the scout for a more accurate representation. Also comparing it to a stock HD 1200 and stage 1 1200 (more videos to come).

·
Registered
42 Posts
I could easily be wrong here, but I would think a good dyno tech on a good dyno would have the ability to program it to take gear ratio into account. Not sure though, but I’m guessing dynos are pretty technologically advanced at this point.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,502 Posts
Interesting that 4th, 5th and Sixth gears hit the speed governor at 120 mph and redline rpm and peak horsepower come at 8000 rpm and about 102 mph in third gear.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I could easily be wrong here, but I would think a good dyno tech on a good dyno would have the ability to program it to take gear ratio into account. Not sure though, but I’m guessing dynos are pretty technologically advanced at this point.
They absolutely can. That long-ass explainer by the tech just told me he hasn't got a clue how that dyno actually functions, much less how to configure it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts