Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 323 Posts

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harley-Davidson is buying the rights to claim to be the "Official Motorcycle" of the Sturgis Rally.

Sturgis Indian is using it to their advantage and touting Indian Motorcycles to be the "Unofficial Motorcycle of the Sturgis Rally". I kind of like it, and they didn't have to pay a dime for it. I think I want a t-shirt of that.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Harley is scared! And rightfully so. With only 5 models (4 really) in 3 years Indian has become a threat like they have never seen.
So go on HD, the more you put your stupid logo out there the more you dilute your brand.
I like being the underdog

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,868 Posts
I tried to get a custom made t shirt with the bottom logo on it, but the file size was too small to get a clean, sharp t shirt image. Has anyone got a LARGE file size for that logo?
Yeah. I want one too. Love it.

·
Super Moderator
4,909 Posts
I wish I could take credit for these crete, not my work.

I really like the picture of the Native guy, that's GOOD Plains traditional clothing, looks Pawnee to me.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
What entity had the rights to sell?? Chamber of commerce?
I went to the web site below and read the article. The Mayor of Sturgis with the town council have put this in motion with HD. HD will build a large permanent foot print in the downtown area. Made a show of taking bricks from Milwaukee building to use in SD. Good move for the town tax base & great marketing move for HD. Doesn't affect me & shouldn't affect any other motorcycle rider unless they put a sign in town blocking other bikes. Then WW3 will happen.
Sturgismotorcyclerally.com

1 - 20 of 323 Posts