Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace grips on my Vintage, they are very uncomfortable on bare hands ( I know should have gloves on )... Have stubby fingers so fat grips don't work for me... Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I don't wear gloves either...
Kuryakyn makes their ISO grips which I had on a couple of bikes and liked.
Avon also has some nice looking padded grips that look nice, I may try a set of them out on my new one.

·
Registered
765 Posts
out of the many, many grips I've had over the years, Avon Contour grips have been my favorites. I contacted them back in Sept when I bought my Chieftain. At that time they said they were working on them. I checked their website about a month ago and see they now have a number of choices for the Indian. I plan on having a set on by this Spring.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on Avon's, kruisin.

I need to wait, to buy some new grips. I didn't like the stock ones on bare hands so I put the leather wraps on them this winter and I wanted at least to try them out this spring before I make a decision.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keep your grips and buy the Indian leather grip covers - problem solved
I thought about the leather covers, but was worried they would make grips too thick for my stubby short fingers...

·
Registered
765 Posts
My preference is a smaller diameter grip because I always ride with gloves. I don't like the stock grips and really glad Avon is making grips for the Chief lineup.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My preference is a smaller diameter grip because I always ride with gloves. I don't like the stock grips and really glad Avon is making grips for the Chief lineup.
Yea think I'm going with the Avon , Thanks Gentlemen !

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
out of the many, many grips I've had over the years, Avon Contour grips have been my favorites. I contacted them back in Sept when I bought my Chieftain. At that time they said they were working on them. I checked their website about a month ago and see they now have a number of choices for the Indian. I plan on having a set on by this Spring.
The Avon Grips have always worked and felt best for me on all the bikes that I have had the past few years, may change the stock Chieftain grips to Avon since they are available from them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts