Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
My plan was/is to see if I can convert the leather wraps for the chiefs onto the scout, and I'd that isn't workable I'm not sure.

For the throttle lock, I have a tilt-type one somewhere, I'll probably toss that on. I like them because there's absolutely no way they can stick on if you want to throttle back.

·
Registered
656 Posts
My plan was/is to see if I can convert the leather wraps for the chiefs onto the scout, and I'd that isn't workable I'm not sure.

For the throttle lock, I have a tilt-type one somewhere, I'll probably toss that on. I like them because there's absolutely no way they can stick on if you want to throttle back.
I was told that the wraps for the Chief are to large - 1" vs the 7/8" that the scout is - but if it is just a matter of lacing them up I would think it might be possible with punching a new set of holes. I too am waiting for my bike since I also saw some on the Iron Braid site I like.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Throttle Lock is nice when have no cruise to have haven't looked into one yet, but have no doubt are options with a little searching around .. At First i thought the Grips would be small when I was used to 1" Grips but have gotten to where I like the 7/8" and going to leave them be ..

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Throttle Lock is nice when have no cruise to have haven't looked into one yet, but have no doubt are options with a little searching around .. At First i thought the Grips would be small when I was used to 1" Grips but have gotten to where I like the 7/8" and going to leave them be ..
On the demo felt like a bicycle grip after being used to 1". My current Kuryakyn ISO Grips also have a small Throttle Boss, small adjustable “paddle” which I like. I will however give the 7/8" a shot before changing anything.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Some earlier threads had a couple riders thinking (based on their demo rides) that the stock grips were too small and I had put out the suggestion that a nice quick inexpensive solution was to install a set of Grip Puppies -
Grip Covers - Grab On Foam Grip Covers - - A&S BMW Motorcycle Parts and Accessories .
Personally, I was waiting to see how my own Scout felt. After about 250 miles I'm happy with the size of the standard grips. Not sure if I even want to install Grip Puppies at this point. However, after a 25 mile ride today in 36 degree weather, the standard grips were feeling awfully cold and hard. Grip Puppies (or similar products) do add a bit of cushioning along with as slightly larger diameter. I could change my mind but as I said, I'm inclined at this point to keep the stock.

·
Registered
738 Posts
This is the one that I ordered... I'm well pleased, simple, holds good and easy to use! :D

Go Cruise Throttle Lock Motorcycle Universal Cruise Control GC A1BK | eBay

It came in three days from this dealer. :D:D:D
Ronnie, I bought the first generation of the Go Cruise (a nice tough nylon unit) last year for my BMW and it worked fine. I am planning on ordering the same unit as you did now because (I've seen it called the Go Cruise 2) it has an adjustable tightening screw which I think will make it even better. Plus the new generation is aluminum.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I use the 'tak-lok' throttle control from Takonix. Very save: when braking with frontbrake the throttle control is disconnected.
tak-lok-premium-motorcycle-throttle-control-black-finish.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts