Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I want to change the grips on my bobber 2018 but at the same time I want to change the mirrors to a bar end mirrors.

Any recommendations

Also is changing to bar end mirrors a good idea? Or it will kill the classic shape of the bike.

I want to stick to black color for both the grips and the mirrors

Any input , photos and recommendations will be appreciated

Amar

·
Bronze Member
2,206 Posts
I put the grips off the bobber on my 60 and BikeMaster bar end mirrors on it. If I had to do it all over, putting the bar end mirrors on would have been
the very first change made along with the Vance & Hines grenades.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the grips off the bobber on my 60 and BikeMaster bar end mirrors on it. If I had to do it all over, putting the bar end mirrors on would have been
the very first change made along with the Vance & Hines grenades.
thanks for the input

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i forgot to add that i have the 10" BLAZED CUSTOM APE HANGER HANDLEBARS by fmb chopper

·
Registered
56 Posts
Rizoma has a nice selection, I put the retro mirrors and the sguardo signals on mine (installed on FMB's 8" Mayhem)
IMG_20190813_165946.jpg

·
Registered
853 Posts
i forgot to add that i have the 10" BLAZED CUSTOM APE HANGER HANDLEBARS by fmb chopper
Those bars should have the bunge in the bar ends if you specified Bobber when ordered from FMB. Why don’t you use stock grips and mirrors?

·
Registered
628 Posts
2018 bobbers come with bar end mirrors from factory . If yours was sold with a different set up ,Indian bar end mirrors could be easily added . I have a set of Indian bar end mirrors that I removed to do my custom build. First Pic below ( make an offer)
Second pic shows Rizoma bar end mirrors and turn signals along with brass balls grips . Bar end mirrors Including Indians can be swapped and mounted above the grips or below

(Edit ) I just noticed your post about having ape hangers but a threaded insert can be added to your bars that would be compatible with the Indian bar end mirrors
IMG_4563.jpg
IMG_2514.jpg

·
Registered
853 Posts
2018 bobbers come with bar end mirrors from factory . If yours was sold with a different set up ,Indian bar end mirrors could be easily added . I have a set of Indian bar end mirrors that I removed to do my custom build. First Pic below ( make an offer)
Second pic shows Rizoma bar end mirrors and turn signals along with brass balls grips . Bar end mirrors Including Indians can be swapped and mounted above the grips or below

(Edit ) I just noticed your post about having app hangers but a threaded insert can be added to your bars that would be compatible with the Indian bar end mirrors View attachment 526728 View attachment 526730

I don’t see Indian bikes listed on Rizoma’s website.

I think the op may have inserts for bar end mirrors already and doesn’t realize it. If the bike was bought used the prior owner may have used regular type grips when the bars were installed. FMB bars come with the insert in them when ordered for a Bobber.

·
Registered
56 Posts
@amar Yes original grips, although I've since put some Trip Machine leather wraps on, which I definitely recommend

@freezeland Freedom Performance Radical Radius (love 'em)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those bars should have the bunge in the bar ends if you specified Bobber when ordered from FMB. Why don’t you use stock grips and mirrors?
hi Freezeland ,
i live is Valencia (that is the one in the south of Spain not in California :)) the Indian in Spain come with the normal mirrors not the end bar mirrors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don’t see Indian bikes listed on Rizoma’s website.

I think the op may have inserts for bar end mirrors already and doesn’t realize it. If the bike was bought used the prior owner may have used regular type grips when the bars were installed. FMB bars come with the insert in them when ordered for a Bobber.
i will check the bars i got if they have the insert, i did not install them yet and i will update the post

·
Registered
56 Posts
If they don't have the insert, the ones from Rizoma have them included in the bar end adapters. I ordered the bars without the bung on mine for that reason.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

(Edit ) I just noticed your post about having ape hangers but a threaded insert can be added to your bars that would be compatible with the Indian bar end mirrors View attachment 526728 View attachment 526730
Hi Daveholl,
i want to order the same mirrors you have (Rizoma Reverse Retro Bar End Mirror) I do not want to install the bar end turn signals, do I need an adapter for the mirrors? I was with RivZilla today on the phone and they could not tell me if I need the adaptor or not.
thanks for help
amar

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi Daveholl,
i want to order the same mirrors you have (Rizoma Reverse Retro Bar End Mirror) I do not want to install the bar end turn signals, do I need an adapter for the mirrors? I was with RivZilla today on the phone and they could not tell me if I need the adaptor or not.
thanks for help
amar

Yes you will need an adapter . The first link shows the mirrors and at the bottom of the same page you have options for adapters . I have links for two options
Rizoma Reverse Retro Universal Mirror (BS070)

Rizoma Universal Standard Bar Ends (MA534)

"B-PRO" Bar Mount Adapter Bar End with Cap (MA433)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts