Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi any one out there having issues with the grip size and the long reach to the controls?

I need to replace the grips and there are no options through Indian yet!! Do you think any after market grip would work with the same size bar's

would work. I get major hand cramps. I'm a little surprised it's effecting me this way I do have long hand for a women

Any help I can get would be welcomed. It's so bad I may have to sell this bike

Sue

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,752 Posts
In "long reach", are you referring to the finger reach from the bar to the clutch and brake levers? I'm not sure that a new grip would change that by more than a few mm.

·
Founding member
989 Posts
Sue they have pullback bars available. My Son has them on his Vintage. They bring the bars back 2 inches. The grips are as hard as a hockey puck. I am ready to change them when somebody comes up with something better.

·
Rider
1,100 Posts
Kuryakyn is now selling replacement grips for the Indian Motorcycle. See the attached link to their online catalog. ISO grips are on page 27. Good luck

IndianVictory2014Flip

·
Registered
355 Posts
If your right hand is bothering you because of the return spring tension and you are riding about town rather than out on the open road where you would normally use your cruise control, try getting a Throttle Rocker (see picture) which takes the weight of your hand and wrist to keep the throttle open without the need to grip so hard.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Instead of new grips, maybe try these. I use them on my Suzzie VStrom 650, and I really like them. In fact, I used two pairs, one on top of the other to build up the grip even further. Super easy to put on. Just ordered a pair for my Springfield. There are two sizes, I ordered the larger size for my Springfield, not sure what bike you have. Also, I started a similar thread...

Amazon.com: Grab On Grips Grip Cover - Fits from 1.45in. to 1.65in. O.D. - 5in.L MC404: Automotive

http://www.indianmotorcycles.net/threads/springfield-oem-grip-size.190873/#post-2130473

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
I'd check Aeromach also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts