Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday while dropping my bike off at the dealer for service, my wife strolled the floor looking at the merchandise - rarely a good thing. When we left, she thrust a small black velvet bag into my hand. Inside was a "Guardian Bell" which I know as a Gremlin Bell. I lost the one I had on the bike last year and she knew the lore so she wanted to replace it. Sweet lady (and I must now apologize for my first sentence.)

The bell came with the following small leaflet:

Guardian Bell
Legend has it that evil Road Spirits have been latching themselves onto motorcycles for as long as there have been bikes on the road. These evil Road Spirits are responsible for mechanical problems and bad luck along the journey. Legend goes on to say that by attaching a small bell onto the bike the evil Road Spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane making them lose their grip until they fall to the ground (ever wonder where potholes come from?) Legend also has it that the mystery of the Guardian Bell carries twice as much power when it is purchased by a friend or loved one and given as a gift. Show someone how much you care. Offer them defense against the evil Road Spirits. Give a Guardian Bell and share the Legend of good luck it offers to a motorcycle and its Rider

Made in USA

·
Registered
594 Posts
Oh so now I know why the roads suck out here in SE PA! hahaha that was sure nice she replaced it for you! Hoping to ride up to Toronto and visit a friend when this virus stuff slows down! Maybe next spring.

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
Or they were improperly placed/mounted.
Nah the majority of them came off the underbelly of the bikes. I've been there for more than a handful of them.
I find it rather odd when the customers seek to have the bell back so they can put it on their new bike. It didn't do the job the first time. It ain't gonna work a second.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: CaptFlood

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
quite a few mechanics have nice bell collections from all their collision jobs they performed on bikes where the bell did not do their jobs.
I bet. They probably should have a few God statues, too.

Reactions: WarSquirrel

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Those guys must have bought the bell for themselves, rather than having been gifted the bell. ;)
Right on! Protocol not followed. Protection voided.

Reactions: WarSquirrel

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’ve been riding since around 1982 and have never been gifted a bell. I mentioned this in passing on here and two forum members who I had never even spoken with offered to send me one.

How nice was that?
Wonderful. The spirit of what we do.

Reactions: CaptFlood
1 - 20 of 40 Posts