Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. Seems many on here want a Gremlin Bell (Guardian Bell, etc.), but don't have some person (knowledgeable of tradition) to gift them one, as tradition calls for.
So . . . how about we start an Indian Motorcycles dot Net exclusive?

I am suggesting that all who wish to participate go out and buy a bell. Perhaps everyone agree on exactly which themed bell to purchase. These bells will become the pool of available bells to be gifted.

One Method: Pay It Forward.
You select which person on the participating list you wish to send the bell to. That person receiving the bell will, in turn, select another person to send a bell to and so on. Works sort of like the chain letters - but only a single sending. After a while, those still not receiving a bell will be culled out of the list and a match-maker process begins to ensure everyone gets a bell gifted to them.

Alternative Method: Assign It Forward.
This method works by an volunteer administrator. Everyone participating gets there name on a list by some one person volunteering to be the "admin". He/she keeps a list of participating forum Usernames (or maybe email addresses). At the close of some agreed upon date, that Admin matches up exchanges, based solely on blind matching. He/she then notifies everyone to send the bell to the intended recipient. Sort of a Secret Santa idea.

I'd be in. Anyone else in?

If enough are interested we can work out details HERE.
Warning: off topic posts and BS posts will be deleted.

·
Super Moderator
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I would be interested in the trade. I don't have one and never had one on any bike I have owned

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I have 3. First one is a firefighter bell which a close Brother gave me, second is a skull bell and third is the one IMRG sent me.
However i am more than happy to participate . I think this is a great idea.
Just need to be advised on what the process will be and i will gladly send the prederred bell of choice to whomever. EQ i believe the ball is in your court.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm in and I'll start. I have one for you Quinn in my right Saddlebag for the next time we meet :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'd be willing to participate in a shared exchange. Like @smartmike , I've never owned one therefore never had on on any of my bikes and never really gave them much thought. Maybe it's time for a change in thinking.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Okay. Seems many on here want a Gremlin Bell (Guardian Bell, etc.), but don't have some person (knowledgeable of tradition) to gift them one, as tradition calls for.
So . . . how about we start an Indian Motorcycles dot Net exclusive?

I am suggesting that all who wish to participate go out and buy a bell. Perhaps everyone agree on exactly which themed bell to purchase. These bells will become the pool of available bells to be gifted.

One Method: Pay It Forward.
You select which person on the participating list you wish to send the bell to. That person receiving the bell will, in turn, select another person to send a bell to and so on. Works sort of like the chain letters - but only a single sending. After a while, those still not receiving a bell will be culled out of the list and a match-maker process begins to ensure everyone gets a bell gifted to them.

Alternative Method: Assign It Forward.
This method works by an volunteer administrator. Everyone participating gets there name on a list by some one person volunteering to be the "admin". He/she keeps a list of participating forum Usernames (or maybe email addresses). At the close of some agreed upon date, that Admin matches up exchanges, based solely on blind matching. He/she then notifies everyone to send the bell to the intended recipient. Sort of a Secret Santa idea.

I'd be in. Anyone else in?

If enough are interested we can work out details HERE.
Warning: off topic posts and BS posts will be deleted.
Oh yeah!
I was in all the way up to my eyebrows until I got to the part about BS and WARNING.
I don't need another warning.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I would be in for purchasing a couple of bells if they were Indian themed - and more so if connected to this forum. I don't need the exchange per se as i can give to my wife and vise versa. But would be interested to purchase from the forum or a forum member rather than from just randomly online.

·
11th Light Infantry Brigade
3,603 Posts
I'm in. Great idea
Scroll down to see more threads on bells

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
I have a genuine Indian Gremlin Bell that was bestowed as a gift to me from an old friend.
In order to understand the significance that this gift represents to me, it would be necessary to require you to watch this short film clip:

Now, I'm not going to admit publicly that that I've had this ride bell up my ass.
But take my word for it....ya don't ever want to go there with a ride bell....just trust me.

Now that you understand and I hope fully appreciate just how precious this bell is....Easter Special - $79.95.

·
Super Moderator
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
EVERYONE truly interested in this Exchange, please EMail me. I will put you in the list.

[email protected]

I will need:

• Your Screen name on this forum
  • Your first and last name
  • The EMail address to be used for primary contact
Later, once we get started, I may need to ask you for mailing addresses. My current thinking is to just match up folks with EMail addresses and let them contact each other to make the exchange.

·
Bronze member
1,366 Posts
Thanks for the link to the made USA bells, I don't know if the process of random giving falls within the guidelines established by brother/sister hood of the bell gifting format. It seems to me to be more about respect than giving and like a "road prayer" it has to be genuine.
But anything that makes the world a better place cant be bad.

·
Super Moderator
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.