Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Founding member
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rob Gregory, the owner of Gregory Polaris in Little Rock, one of the larger Indian dealers in the country, has been working with Tab, a smaller performance exhaust company, in the development of a crossover pipe that removes the catalytic converter and adds power! The final prototype before production has been run and they are ready to take orders. The gain is 6-7 HP (!) and 3-4 ft-lbs of torque! Because of the assistance Gregory Polaris has provided they have an 8 week exclusive and are offering the pipe for $400. After the exclusive the cost is estimated to be $475 or higher. Gregory worked with Tab on several prototypes to make it extremely easy for installation and proper fit using existing hardware and the existing donut gasket. If interested call Gregory Polaris at: 501-834-0344.

The installation at Gregory polaris costs $120. but I 've been told that riders could do it in their garage with very few tools needed. Again, the benefits, as related to me, are as follows:

• It gets rid of the catalytic converter and the excessive choke down of the challenger engine.
  • It yields a 6-7 HP gain and a 3-4 ft-lbs. of torque increase if using stock slip ons.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Makes no sense without a PV tuner. If you don't believe me send an email to Dynojet for confirmation. They are still working on getting one for our Challengers.

·
Founding member
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Grayrat, I called Rob Gregory to confirm the claims above and he confirmed them. The Tab crossover results in a HP gain of 6-7 hp and a torque increase of 3-4 ft-lbs as I stated above. Rob told me that the Challenger is so suppressed in sound and power because it has a second muffler to meet future, and upcoming EPA emissions. Indian's other bikes do not. Gregory Polaris and Tab have run multiple tests and confirmed what I wrote above. You get the performance boost as well as a sound boost. Please call Rob Gregory, the owner of Gregory Polaris, who can explain how this works in great detail. Rob's an easy guy to talk with. You can reach him on 501-834-0344.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
When I spoke to Dynojet they recomended that I wait until the get a PV tuner. They have dyno tested the mid pipe and are not happy with the results. I have seen charts on how they adjust the tables to make them even and smooth. I do not doubt the numbers from Rob Gregory but I understand about getting a nice even power delivery and driveability. As a side not, my Challenger withe the stage 1 updates, filter and Tab mufflers with the modified with the 2-1/2" baffle set up is the fastest bagger out there already and sounds awesome. The drivability is s.ooth and torquey with the best 4-6 gear drivability i have ever had in a VTwin and I have owned twelve of them. The biggest drawback to the Challenger is the speed limiter with is set at 110-112 mph. I would purchase a bypass program and a set of V or Z rated tires way before trying to get more hp out of it.

·
Founding member
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know way more than I do about tuners, etc., Grayrat. I'm a 'stock' guy. :) With your knowledge I know you would enjoy talking with Rob, and he with you. Rob knows this stuff very well as you seem to. He's a no pressure, easy to talk with, guy. Give him a call. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts after the chat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts