Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
I think I'm gonna try to make it "Almost Patsy Cline Band" on Friday night sounds like it might be right up my alley.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Any time these events require money I usually head the other way. To many crooks... not enough Indians.
Maybe you haven't heard but my company, Southern Spoke Motorcycle Tours will be conducting one day rambles through The Texas Hill Country. Guided tours for only $79.95 per bike.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any time these events require money I usually head the other way. To many crooks... not enough Indians.
That's good, about 3,000 bikes will be showing up for the event, it is getting a little crowded, thanks for making a little more space. Take up BD on his guided tours.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Indians. LOTS of Indians
3,910 Posts
That's good, about 3,000 bikes will be showing up for the event, it is getting a little crowded, thanks for making a little more space. Take up BD on his guided tours.

3k bikes .. ain't much of a crowd? I've been in Bandera during the rally in the past.. most of 'em stayed on the campground, when they weren't out riding?

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3k bikes .. ain't much of a crowd? I've been in Bandera during the rally in the past.. most of 'em stayed on the campground, when they weren't out riding?
It is in Luckenbach, not much room to move around, guess you haven't been there for this Rally.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some pictures from last year's event.

·
Indians. LOTS of Indians
3,910 Posts
It is in Luckenbach, not much room to move around, guess you haven't been there for this Rally.

Yep... I have ....... only time I enjoy Luckenbach .. otherwise it feels like a tourist trap with moms and kids running around, cages everywhere... During the rally .. .feels.... as it should

But.. to be honest .. when I wrote that .. I was visualizing the other rally down in Bandera .. "Thunder in the ... whatever it is " ...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Rally in bandaras
Have not heard of it been through the little town
Awsome place.
Did not own a bike then.
I suppose reservation at camp grounds must be made way in advance.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts

Motorcycling to me is about me, my ride and the road. I don't need no stinking crowds or groups. I don't need door prizes and free t shirt either. Those that do... oh well, if they think that's what it's all about let em have it.

·
Founding Member
714 Posts
Sturgis Rally, Laughlin River Run, AZ Bike Week, 4-Corners Rally,etc, etc...I've done so many. But at this stage of my life I'm with War Hoop. Don't get me wrong I still love the fellowship of the brethren, but give me an open road out in the middle of nowhere, cruise control set at 70 mph and my hands go up in the air and I thank God I'm alive!

Attachments

·
Indians. LOTS of Indians
3,910 Posts
Sturgis Rally, Laughlin River Run, AZ Bike Week, 4-Corners Rally,etc, etc...I've done so many. But at this stage of my life I'm with War Hoop. Don't get me wrong I still love the fellowship of the brethren, but give me an open road out in the middle of nowhere, cruise control set at 70 mph and my hands go up in the air and I thank God I'm alive!
I'm a hypocrite .... Agree with you 100% ... but .. damned if I don't get sucked in to one every year .. and add 2-3 shirts to the pile in the closet. Then, I ***** about the crowds, the idiots, the chaos...... and .... do it again the following year. But, I'm done with Sturgis... and finally did Daytona this year ( only need to do it once ) ..

·
Registered
497 Posts
Please take and post pictures -- this sounds like a good (proper sized) event. I like 'em small...likes my women.

Reactions: Roadie
1 - 17 of 17 Posts