Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when looking out the window of my home office this morning I decided it was too nice to waste my free Sunday away (Redskinns got destroyed on Thursday ) so I went for a ride on my 2014 Chieftain. From Herndon, VA, traveled through Ashurn, Va and then into Charlestown, WV. Checked my map and was close to my brothers house in Point of Rocks, MD. Drove there and spent an hour chatting with him and his wife. Then back on the road I went and headed south through Leesburg, VA and Route 7 which is always busy. Normally I would drop off and find back roads, but I wanted to hit Reston, VA quickly to hit the Verizon Wireless store to fix a SIM chip error I was getting on my iPad. I soon came upon a blinking yellow stop light that had a police officer stopping me at the light while they let out a local church traffic. As he finally moved to the side, he waved me on but with a great feeling he gave me a thumbs up and shouted as I drove by, "Nice bike!"

I arrived at Verizon and the tech quickly replaced my defective SIM chip. I, of course, was wearing my Indian mesh jacket and as I left the tech asked if I had driven my Indian to the shop. He walked outside with me to check it out. I showed him along with all the techy doo-dads and he admonished me with comments on how beautiful the bike was and he was going to get a second job to get one too.

I seriously LOVE this bike. Not just the fact that is is such a joy to ride, but that there is just no other bike like it near where I live. I will admit that taking it in for its maintenance checkups can be a pain with the nearest dealership 60 miles away... but having this kind of day where everywhere I go, it being the center of attention, just gives me so much pride.

My final stop was at the Reston Towncenter. They have a motorcycle parking area where out of the 15 spots, 8 were taken by Harley's and one by a Ducati and one by me. As I parked the bike there were a good 4 people that were soon standing behind me as I dismounted waiting to talk about the Chieftain. 2 were normal standers-by and 2 were Harley riders.

Its been a great day...

Brian

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah it was a great day for a ride here in Texas Brian... and all I kept thinking was,,,,how really great of a ride it would have been if I was on the Indian Scout that I'm still waiting on!!..... Oh well my Triumph served me well today....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts