Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Does anyone know if it will work on a Challenger seat. Additionally, how would one contact Grasshopper?

Thanx

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Made contact, they are working on the backrest for the Challenger.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I had one on my Road star and have one on my Chieftain. Well worth what you pay for it maybe even a little more. I would guess the much more expensive one look a little better but I have never had anything else and they look fine to me and made well.

·
Registered
270 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
I have a black one for a Roadmaster/Chieftain I will sale.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Lonnie at Grasshopper is sending me a prototype to try out on my Challenger. Will report back once I receiver and install the product.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Like 90% of the respondents, I had one and was very pleased with it. I had it installed on my Road Star while attending a Star Days event. I also bought a Barefoot Willies cup holder. The Grasshopper guys got the backrest installed in less time than it took me to install the cup holder. Both we hugely welcome additions to the ride home from Chattanooga.

Still use the Cupholder, but I went with OEM backrest this go-round. Not because I was unhappy with the Grasshopper, but because I would have it on the ride and got to finance it for 60 months ! ! !

BD

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Got my backrest and bracket from Lonnie at Grasshopper for my Challenger. We are working together to get a prototype to work. Lonnie had to make a couple mods to the bracket, but it fits fine. Super easy install and a very nice product. Of course it was free since I did the testing on it, but that does not influence my opinion of the product. Again this is just a prototype. I do not know what the production model will look like yet.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
HiJack Alert!!!!
I have a Grasshopper Black, studded, pad... would love to trade for a brown, no studs pad!!!
now, back to your regularly scheduled Thread!!!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I have a Brown Grasshopper back rest that I'm not using for my 2014 Chieftain. it's in great condition, no issues with it that I would Sell.

I upgraded to the Indian distressed Brown back rest

·
Registered
362 Posts
Have had my Grasshopper for over a year now and cannot believe how comfortable it is. For less than $100 it is an amazing value and has added to not only the comfort of my rides but the support it provides enhances the handling as I settle back into it for hours at a time. The fit and finish are way beyond what I expected at this price point.

(y)

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have a Brown Grasshopper back rest that I'm not using for my 2014 Chieftain. it's in great condition, no issues with it that I would Sell.

I upgraded to the Indian distressed Brown back rest
How would you compare the two? Is the upgrade worth the cost?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I installed mine this past week and was able to go for a little shakedown ride.

Feels comfortable, was easy to install, and makes a convenient place to put my helmet when I get off..:cool:

41 - 59 of 59 Posts