Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Do any additional mounting brackets need to be purchased with this seat?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
well im dissappointed to say the least. I already ordered this thing yesterday and no where when i ordered it did it say it would NOT work with a solo seat SMH. this sucks. Im planing a long ride august 5th in the hill country in texas and i have lower back issues. Can anyone please help me figure this out or im going to have to return it. WIll this work with solo seat rail and luggage rack because thats what i have and those have to stay on the bike...appreciate any help @JimSewell

13339520_1296816123681718_5267389851317907194_n.jpg

·
Registered
75 Posts
what are yall thoughts on this? seems like a hell of a deal. Very cheap. But i also know u get what u pay for. So anyone in here have bought this and do you like it? I know its vinyl im not worried about that but i want it to properly fit. Thoughts?

2014 + UP INDIAN CHIEF or CHIEFTAN or SPRINGFIELD QUICK RELEASE DRIVER BACKREST
I just finished a 2448 mile road trip using the grasshopper backrest. No complaints. Its well worth its $ and it matches the stock black seat just fine. Beats the high prices the others are getting and serves the same purpose.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
i just talked to Lonnie at grasshopper and he is going to try and stop shipment if not he said i can refuse shipment and refund my money. Seemed like a nice guy. He said they havent developed a backrest for the solo seat. I dont know how to modify stuff like in that video to make it work especially since i have the solo seat rail and luggage rack. what a bummer. Looks like ill have to go another route. Lonnie did say he just needs an Indian at his shop to make a bracket for the solo seat guys. Maybe if someone lives near him can let them borrow your bike? llol

·
Registered
92 Posts
The quality of the grasshopper is very good, although not actual leather,you cant tell the difference . I would not hesitate to get another one. Ive had the factory backrest on first Indian and I could never get just right, this one fits right in lower back and gives a tad so as not to be rigid. The price, even with studs is very cheap and good quality. Not sure about solo mount, wish I could be of more help in that area.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I had to return the grasshopper one and went to my dealership and bought an OEM backrest they had in stop. She helped me out on discounting it as much as she could. But it still ended up costing me $411 total for backrest and bracket. Oh well I needs a backrest now and can't wait or want to mod the grasshopper to work for my set up. Here is my OEM installed. Also just installs lower deflectors and wow what a difference.
IMG_4671.JPG

IMG_4672.JPG
IMG_4676.JPG
IMG_4681.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I was lucky, I bought a driver backrest and mount off a Indian owner on eBay for a total of $300 since he didn't like it, works great on my Chieftain

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have one on my chieftain and had one on my victory also. I love mine rode from Chicago to Cali to NYC and back to Chicago last summer with it. Perfect comfort for me. I did have to tweak it a bit it had me to straight up. Lol that took about a minute.

·
Registered
793 Posts
HiJack Alert!!!!
I have a Grasshopper Black, studded, pad... would love to trade for a brown, no studs pad!!!
now, back to your regularly scheduled Thread!!!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts