Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,194 Posts
I had one on my stock seat before going with a Corbin set up. They are comfortable and pretty well made. Well worth the low price.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Lonnie's a good guy and makes a quality product. He's been making back rests for 10 + years.
I had one on my stock seat before going with a Corbin set up. They are comfortable and pretty well made. Well worth the low price.

Enzo and Basshole, did either one of you have a chance to try out the OEM for comparison? I know a lot of people love the OEM, but the price is ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
No, Lonnie started out building back rests for Suzuki Volusia's & Boulevards. I know many who have had his backrests and swear by them. The fact he's doing Indian backrests is just icing on the cake IMHO.

·
Registered
120 Posts
what are yall thoughts on this? seems like a hell of a deal. Very cheap. But i also know u get what u pay for. So anyone in here have bought this and do you like it? I know its vinyl im not worried about that but i want it to properly fit. Thoughts?

2014 + UP INDIAN CHIEF or CHIEFTAN or SPRINGFIELD QUICK RELEASE DRIVER BACKREST
These backrests are definitely worth the $100. I had one on my Nomad which I was able to transfer to my Voyageur. It's about 10 years old and still holding up very well. Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not to hijack the thread but does anyone know if the brown is a decent color match to the '16 tan seat?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
808 Posts
Made in USA, and worth every penny. Well made product. I rode from Chicago to North Carolina this past weekend. No back pain. The backrest corrects slouching riders like me, and helps to encourage good lower back ergonomics. Moves you forward in the saddle a bit, but keeps your back more vertical. I did two 12 hour days, and one 6 hour day with no lower back pain. This is the best money I have spent to improve rider comfort.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
what are yall thoughts on this? Thoughts?
Yup works great at 1/5 the cost of the Indian. It's not leather and but the color was close enough match for my 2014 Tan seat. Had to have the mount made for the reduced seat.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
GrasshopperBackRest.jpg
I installed mine this past weekend and am pretty pleased with the product. I had one on my Suzuki Boulevard so was familiar with the quality of the item. Ordered it and it was shipped the same day. Cost me $150 to have it shipped up to Canada but the OEM backrest (with taxes) would have cost about $800. This one does not fold like the OEM and as mentioned is not leather but IMHO it looks and works great.

Cheers

Kevin

·
Registered
337 Posts
Very good backrest and well worth the money... Friend of mine is going to try and cut the mount post and install a hinge on his for his Suzuki. I am waiting to see what he comes up with, might be a worth while mod if it can be done relatively inexpensive and easily.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts