Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Guys,

I don't know how the OEM driver backrest is mounted but the Grasshopper uses the threaded brackets of the passenger pillion. That is all well and good unless you want to change things up a bit and go solo.

I made some mounting hardware to accomplish that task. It was very easy with the right tools. The bar stock I used in the video was a motor stabilizing bracket for my table saw. (Only used to stabilize the motor for shipping.) It happened to be the exact width and thickness of the passenger pillion brackets. :eek:

I am an amateur videographer and narrator so please be kind. ;)

You can buy the bar stock at Lowes Shop The Hillman Group 3-ft x 1-in Hot-RolLED Weldable Steel Slotted Metal Flat Bar at Lowes.com

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Guys,

I don't know how the OEM driver backrest is mounted but the Grasshopper uses the threaded brackets of the passenger pillion. That is all well and good unless you want to change things up a bit and go solo.

I made some mounting hardware to accomplish that task. It was very easy with the right tools. The bar stock I used in the video was a motor stabilizing bracket for my table saw. (Only used to stabilize the motor for shipping.) It happened to be the exact width and thickness of the passenger pillion brackets. :eek:

I am an amateur videographer and narrator so please be kind. ;)

You can buy the bar stock at Lowes Shop The Hillman Group 3-ft x 1-in Hot-RolLED Weldable Steel Slotted Metal Flat Bar at Lowes.com

Great how to video! Very helpful, thank you Dave T Pilot. My neighbour was kind enough to make me the threaded brackets for my 2016 Dark horse. He had all the tools that were suggested in the video (drill press and bit, angle grinder with a metal cutting disk, tap and die set and sander etc.). All I did was purchase the steel metal flat bar at Lowes and watch my neighbour perform his magic.

However, the screws for the threaded brackets of a passenger pillion for a 2016 Dark horse are M6 not M8 per the video. As a result, my neighbour used a 3/16 drill bit to drill the holes and a M6, 1mm pitch tap for the thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts