Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the Grasshopper backrest and post are compatible with the stock Indian receiver bracket? I already have the Indian OEM accessory backrest which I love but my wife hates it when she is on the back. It is too wide and the big flap with the 2 snaps digs into her thighs. I was hoping the smaller width and flapless Grasshopper would just slide into my existing bracket. Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
A friend of mine just got the grasshopper and loves it. I don't think he's using the Indian mount. I'm pretty sure he bought their system because he didn't have the Indian backrest to start.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I doubt it. The grasshopper bracket fastens to the underside of the saddle and it's a friction grip to hold it. I think some people find they slip and have to put a limiting screw into the bracket to stop it sliding down. If your hope is to swap between them, I suspect the grasshopper bracket will stop the OEM piece from fitting at all.

Another option is to remove the pad of the OEM and fit a smaller one. You might find an upholstery place can mod the current one to be a slimmer fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts