Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have one, fits my 19 chieftain. It does push you forward a little bit but is rugged enough to lean and relax on it..

Good buy in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
The price is good. My friend purchased one for his challenger. First it didn't line up properly so he sent him a new one. It fits but he doesn't like it mostly because it didn't fold down and also it was not rigid. Said there was too much play in it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have one on my RM, cheap alternative to OEM and other makes. Non adjustable for height but I'm sure it can be rigged for height. Works as described but don't expect anything more. Like I said good cheap alternative.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have one on my 17 Chieftain.
It does push you forward but it feels right when I'm riding.
For the price I like it and I just need to get off the bike hopping sideways a little bit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is it the same type of mount for the OEM backrest? I have a 2017 Chieftain and I was able to score an OEM backrest, but my bike doesn't have a bracket.....

·
Bronze member
3,343 Posts
I have one and like it a lot.. good customer service too

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
363 Posts
Got my backrest off Ebay about $300 for both the backrest and bracket. Someone on the forum mentioned these are manufactured by the same company as OEM, I don't know but it looks exactly the same. $300 is not cheap but half the OEM price. I'm a big guy so the sturdiness of the OEM style works best for me. To each his own but I've had a grasshopper on a previous bike and it bent back on me (not a crazy amount) but bent nonetheless.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Got my backrest off Ebay about $300 for both the backrest and bracket. Someone on the forum mentioned these are manufactured by the same company as OEM, I don't know but it looks exactly the same. $300 is not cheap but half the OEM price. I'm a big guy so the sturdiness of the OEM style works best for me. To each his own but I've had a grasshopper on a previous bike and it bent back on me (not a crazy amount) but bent nonetheless.
Do you remember what company that was? Or, can you link the ebay site? TIA

Ed

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
363 Posts
I cant seem to cut/paste for some reason but if you search Ebay you will see the backrests with an american flag (built in usa) marker. Look at the details and it has the Indian part #. Backrest is 199 and mount 109. These are separate listings not sold as a package.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I cant seem to cut/paste for some reason but if you search Ebay you will see the backrests with an american flag (built in usa) marker. Look at the details and it has the Indian part #. Backrest is 199 and mount 109. These are separate listings not sold as a package.
Ty!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Morning all!

I ended up ordering the Grasshopper backrest! I paid $83 shipped. The backrest took about 4 days to ship, and was a breeze to install. Took all of 15 minutes. It's relatively well made too! I weigh 230, so I have some mass to me. I am able to lead back, which puts me in better riding posture anyway, and it makes a huge difference in comfort. For anyone thinking about ordering one, stop thinking and do it, Completely worth it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts