Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,238 Posts
Anyone using Tom Tom 550 and do u like??? Comments plz
Funny you should ask. I just got a Tomtom 550 from Amazon a couple of days ago. So far, I've just used to as a running map, while riding. I have recently moved from NY to TN and having a "map" showing the road names and speed limits is a big benefit when riding in a new state. I haven't used it yet to set a route or do any "tricky" stuff. But the interface is nice and clear. It's got loads of settings and tweaks. It does updates by WiFi or hooking it up to my laptop. It came with everything needed to install it to the handlebar and wire it to the bike's power. I spliced it to a switched 12 volt source inside my '16 Roadmaster fairing.
So far, I'm loving it.

·
Bronze member
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny you should ask. I just got a Tomtom 550 from Amazon a couple of days ago. So far, I've just used to as a running map, while riding. I have recently moved from NY to TN and having a "map" showing the road names and speed limits is a big benefit when riding in a new state. I haven't used it yet to set a route or do any "tricky" stuff. But the interface is nice and clear. It's got loads of settings and tweaks. It does updates by WiFi or hooking it up to my laptop. It came with everything needed to install it to the handlebar and wire it to the bike's power. I spliced it to a switched 12 volt source inside my '16 Roadmaster fairing.
So far, I'm loving it.
Thanx im really thinking about getting one, bet your glad to get out of NY

·
Bronze member
1,238 Posts
Oh yeah! We left Long Island NY the end of January. We wish we could have dragged the rest of the family with us!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts