Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am keeping my Zumo 660 from my HD. The handlebar mount will not cross over to the Chieftain and I am pulling my hair out looking for a 1" ball mounting bracket for a 1.25" bar. I have rigged a setup that will work for a trip this weekend, but it's no good for long term. It's obvious that I made it and it's just not clean and professional enough to keep.
I need a simple bar clamp that will accept the 5/16" threaded stud on the ball mount or a 1" ball mount for a 1.25" handlebar.
I saw one on ebay, exactly what I need for $75. IMO that's way, way too much to spend for this. image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,070 Posts
I used the same mount and went to lowes and bought a 1.25 stainless u bolt. I had to grind the mount a little to make ir fit snuggly.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I used the same mount and went to lowes and bought a 1.25 stainless u bolt. I had to grind the mount a little to make ir fit snuggly.
That is called Injinenuity

·
2,354 Posts
I did similar, but Home Depot only had a 1.5" U bolt. So I took a piece of black rubber fuel line and put the bolt through it. That actually turned out working much better, as it keeps it nice and tight, AND prevents scratches to the bars. I did have to cut some length off with a dremel tool.

·
2,354 Posts
While on the subject of Zumos... I modified the "dashboard" on mine because they all took up way too much screen space and blocked too much of the map. Turned the background to about 75% transparent. This works out really well because I can now see the info I need, yet still see most of the map.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I am keeping my Zumo 660 from my HD. The handlebar mount will not cross over to the Chieftain and I am pulling my hair out looking for a 1" ball mounting bracket for a 1.25" bar. I have rigged a setup that will work for a trip this weekend, but it's no good for long term. It's obvious that I made it and it's just not clean and professional enough to keep.
I need a simple bar clamp that will accept the 5/16" threaded stud on the ball mount or a 1" ball mount for a 1.25" handlebar.
I saw one on ebay, exactly what I need for ols75. IMO that's way, way too much to spend for this. View attachment 1152 View attachment 1153
I found jp cycle had a complete kit for $19.95 that had a waterproof pouch with zipper and all hardware to just put my garmin in. Controls work fine through clear plastic front. It has inserts for different size bars and fit chieftain

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a zumo 550 and the mount that I had on my Vic Cross Roads would not fit my Roadmaster. So I called a "Techmount" dealer, gave him the info on my gps and ordered a chrome mount because it will look nicer. Hasn't arrived yet. I'll let you know how it works.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I saw one on ebay, exactly what I need for $75. IMO that's way, way too much to spend for this. View attachment 1152 View attachment 1153

·
Registered
40 Posts
Marine hardware fittings canopy fittings all size bar mounts stainless steel hardware fittings my INDIAN CHIEF DARK HORSE 1.1/4 bar perfect fit
7/8 inch to 1./1/2 inch bars and in between size bars available

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
No, it was fixed in 2014. It took Joe Fish 6 years to respond with a solution...
Yes, I understood that to be the case. I have a very dry sense of humor. I use a ram mount for mine with NO issues.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think joe has posted that same picture on 30 different threads over the last week. Really loves his canopy fittings.

·
Bronze member
3,060 Posts
I have a Garmin GPS unit,which I mounted on the handle bars of my SDH [so I can see it when riding] using a handle bar mount [cheap money] to secure and or remove it when the machine is left unattended so some SOB doesn't steal it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts