Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening folks!

Quick question on the GPS. I have a 2020 Indian Challenger base model and it does not come with the maps loaded.

From reading on the forums, it seems like there is some sort of hardware that needs to be installed in order to activate GPS.

However, the bike already seems like it has some sort of GPS active. It measures elevation of rides currently and if you get low on gas, it will route you to the nearest gas station. If it is able to route you to the gas station, it obviously has some sort of GPS hooked up.

What am I missing here? On the 2020’s is it just a code to activate the GPS? Why is additional hardware needed?

·
Rider
510 Posts
Good evening folks!

Quick question on the GPS. I have a 2020 Indian Challenger base model and it does not come with the maps loaded.

From reading on the forums, it seems like there is some sort of hardware that needs to be installed in order to activate GPS.

However, the bike already seems like it has some sort of GPS active. It measures elevation of rides currently and if you get low on gas, it will route you to the nearest gas station. If it is able to route you to the gas station, it obviously has some sort of GPS hooked up.

What am I missing here? On the 2020’s is it just a code to activate the GPS? Why is additional hardware needed?
Yes, you need to buy a GPS "Cellular Modem". Part of being the base model. The GPS puck isn't hard at all to install. Remove the front fairing, then the connectors are right there, and one bolt and bam you are done. However, I haven't been able to get mine to work yet. Indian says I need some code emailed to me, which I have not received, and my dealer says it doesn't require a flash or a download from Digital Wrench. So I can keep you updated on the process if you would like

Reactions: yourhonoryourhonor

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you need to buy a GPS "Cellular Modem". Part of being the base model. The GPS puck isn't hard at all to install. Remove the front fairing, then the connectors are right there, and one bolt and bam you are done. However, I haven't been able to get mine to work yet. Indian says I need some code emailed to me, which I have not received, and my dealer says it doesn't require a flash or a download from Digital Wrench. So I can keep you updated on the process if you would like
Ya sure, would love to hear how you get it working!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts