Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Have the Indian fans picked up their Canada Post Office, Canadian Motorcycles stamp series yet.. features the 1914 Indian. Why is it on a Canadian stamp? Well.. read on!
Designed by innovative U.S. manufacturer George Hendee, the 1914 Indian model, which bears his name, was the first production motorcycle to be fitted with an electric starter. This “push-button pioneer” also boasted electric front and rear taillights, which replaced the dim acetylene-or carbide-fuelled lights of other motorcycles.
The 7 hp twin-cylinder machine was built in an Indian company branch plant on Mercer Street in Toronto, which operated from 1912 to 1916.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I didn't know there were Indian stamps! I'll have to make a trip to the Post Office, I guess. We still have Post Offices, right?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
18659 said:
I didn't know there were Indian stamps! I'll have to make a trip to the Post Office, I guess. We still have Post Offices, right?
Yes we do.. but if you see your picture on the wall, skip the stamps and sneak back out quietly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts