Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
I've been waiting for that rack. Is that your bike? I hope you can give the width and length. It looks like it belongs on the bike. I am definitely going to get me one.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
They told me not to expect it until Christmas time.

Gosh! I'm going to go call my dealer... Or maybe ride up, let me check the weather.

It is beautiful!! Very beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
222 Posts
They told me not to expect it until Christmas time.

Gosh! I'm going to go call my dealer... Or maybe ride up, let me check the weather.

It is beautiful!! Very beautiful! Thank you for sharing.
Pardon my asking but how much was it?

·
Registered
198 Posts
It looks like it curves up from the seat and then is flat is that right ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks. I am off to the San Diego indian dealer! It will be a nice gift for the misses. She wants chrome. I want black.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Purchased the Scout luggage rack at the local Indian dealer a few days ago.

It was just what I was looking for in a solo rack.

It's about 7 1/2" wide x 15 1/2" long.

Jb

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,336 Posts
[QUOTE="jbfla, post: 180481, member: 3871"]Is it possible to powder coat over chrome?[/QUOTE]

Doable am Sure but not sure what kind of prep needs to be done do so ..

·
Registered
301 Posts
Powder coat over chrome can be done but the coaters in my neck of the woods recommend it if it only for items that don't get used allot like airbox covers , tail light housing and head lights. Constant rubbing from bungee chords etc. will cause chipping. The powder coat doesn't bond well to chrome. They all recommended stripping the chrome first for the most durable finish. Will mention this is hotly debated on the internet. I agree the my rack would look better in black on my gray smoke scout.

·
Registered
198 Posts
@jbfla who`s seat it that you have on there,looks like a Mustang, did you have any problems with the rack and seat fitting together ?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I bought the genuine Indian Scout rack and then went on a search to find a useful bag to pop on it for daily use. Had to be a good fit on the rack with no straps hanging down and quickly detachable. I changed my seat to black so my various accessories would be easy to color match. Everybody makes stuff in black. This is what I found. This is actually a touring rack bag for bicycles. It is every bit as ruggedly constructed as your average motorcycle specific bag. http://www.amazon.com/Detours-23311-Trunk-Bicycle-Bag/dp/B0088VHMU4 It fits perfectly on the Scout rack, with a five point strap system. You even get to carry an easily accessed bicycle sized water bottle.

DSC03152-1.JPG

Don't be thinking it is too small to be of much use. Here it is opened. It has room for some cold weather gloves, two bags of potato chips, one drink pouch, an apple, a box big enough to hold a Double Whopper with cheese, and the yellow package is the included rain cover. Side pockets hold my cap and a neck warmer. If you need more room, the main compartment expands to about 1-1/2 times the size shown. There is a snap hook inside to fasten a key ring as well. Works for me!

DSC03156-1.JPG

·
Registered
33 Posts
YUGADNOH, it looks like you've got the extended reach seat. I think I saw someone on another thread mention they had some trouble fitting the oem rack with the ext seat. Did you have any difficulties or have to make any modifications?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts