Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Got the PIN

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  1400 
#1 ·
Putting out a shout out of Thanks to the guys in service at Adventure Motorsports in Pensacola, Florida. Today they were able to get me the Factory PIN for my Chieftain so I can now add my own personal number should I ever need to use it if the key fob fails.

Perhaps the manufacturer should supply two key fobs instead of one

#4 ·
I do believe you can order a second one, you will need your key fob number and then I think you can order through the parts department. I either heard this or read it somewhere.
I ordered a second FOB as a backup for my Chieftain. It was about $130 and I think I only had to show the dealer the delivery paperwork (pink paper) with the correct Pin on it. One would think they would have this in the company records. For my R1200RT BMW I once ordered a spare key and it was overnighted to the dealer with the correct coding to work in the anti-theft ignition. No pin needed as BMW knows what the corect code is. Since they built the bike one would think this is a no brainer for Indian as well. I think I had to wait a week to get the extra fob from Indian.

#5 ·
I ordered a second FOB as a backup for my Chieftain. It was about $130 and I think I only had to show the dealer the delivery paperwork (pink paper) with the correct Pin on it. One would think they would have this in the company records. For my R1200RT BMW I once ordered a spare key and it was overnighted to the dealer with the correct coding to work in the anti-theft ignition. No pin needed as BMW knows what the corect code is. Since they built the bike one would think this is a no brainer for Indian as well. I think I had to wait a week to get the extra fob from Indian.
Thanks - good information to know about the cost.

AC

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.