Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for making a great looking product! Now, my question is; I haven't installed it yet and after reading over the packed instructions, will I really need to re-aim the light? That's about All that's holding me up on my install.

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello! No you will not need to re-aim your headlight, it will be brighter and some folks have re-aimed it down a bit. However i have not needed to on my bike or any others.
More of a blanket statement for DOT purposes!

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I had to re-aim mine, it was way too low. It is a pretty good set, but if I rode more at night, I would go with something better...........

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I had to re-aim mine, it was way too low. It is a pretty good set, but if I rode more at night, I would go with something better...........
When our LED100 is installed you want to make sure the lamp/triangle is pointing upward. This aims the 2 low beam panels up and the high beam panel down. The black retaining ring can be removed and indexed correctly by turning it counter clockwise till it un-seats, then rotate it 180 degrees and re-seat it on the housing, and turn it clockwise until it locks into place.

Hope this helps!

Scott

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
When our LED100 is installed you want to make sure the lamp/triangle is pointing upward. This aims the 2 low beam panels up and the high beam panel down. The black retaining ring can be removed and indexed correctly by turning it counter clockwise till it un-seats, then rotate it 180 degrees and re-seat it on the housing, and turn it clockwise until it locks into place.

Hope this helps!

Scott
Ok...just looked at it. It is not correct. So the 2 led's need to point up so they hit the top of the reflector for low beam. I think I still have the rings. Rain today..will be in the garage to rectify. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Ok...just looked at it. It is not correct. So the 2 led's need to point up so they hit the top of the reflector for low beam. I think I still have the rings. Rain today..will be in the garage to rectify. Thanks.
The ring you currently have it installed with will work, the other two in the box are for different bikes/headlamp assemblies. You just have to unlock it, turn the ring counter clockwise until it comes loose/off..and then rotate the ring 180 deg and turn it clockwise to re-lock, it only has two tangs on it. I suggest using a rag/towel around the ring to help turn it as it is tight! It seals up against a o-ring that is between it and the bulb.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Yes...have it back together now. One of the tabs on the bulb was gone. I used a drop of Gorilla glue on that area and took the dogs for a walk. Solid now and back together. Now to re-aim the lamp.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Yes...have it back together now. One of the tabs on the bulb was gone. I used a drop of Gorilla glue on that area and took the dogs for a walk. Solid now and back together. Now to re-aim the lamp.
Perfect! If you end up needing a new ring I can send you out one.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Not the ring....the tab on the bulb is gone.
But it is OK now. Damn this is bright !!
Re-aimed it but will fine tune in the dark.
Thanks!....

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Not the ring....the tab on the bulb is gone.
But it is OK now. Damn this is bright !!
Re-aimed it but will fine tune in the dark.
Thanks!....
It is bright!! When I have been installing in customer's bikes at the rallies we attend I have spots in my vision for days!

Glad I could help, and enjoy!

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
OK, changing my take on this product. It is a very good product, although not a replacement for a 300-500 dollar bulb-reflector product, it is (for the money) damn good.........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts