Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I was stopped waiting for a train to pass, so I shut my bike off and am waiting patiently, there are cars in front of me and also behind me. I'm sitting there looking at the train, everyone is stopped when my bike jolted forward, at first I thought my bike was breaking, then I looked behind me and a vehicle slowly backs up, he hit me. My new baby, not ol faithful I was thinking. He gets out of his truck and was very nice about it, he knew he was at fault.he said to me, I just glanced down at my phone and I guess I started to roll forward and before I know it I hit you At the time we exchanged all insurance information and went on our way thinking it was just going to be a simple repair of the tail light bracket, but on closer inspection I noticed it was sticking out a little bit on the top of it, so I examined it and saw that the fender right under the tail light was pushed in slightly, so remember if there is no damage to your vehicle, still it is very important to get each other's insurance information. I didn't see the damage until I was already at home and just checking it out. But I do have pics for y'all. And I'm going to most definitely purchase the tubular fender bumpers to protect my baby

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
My friend is just having fits after another friends son backed up and did major damage to their car. He fixed his truck right away, but as of this moment ( 1 1/2 months later) has not made any effort to pay for their damages. BJ is right get a Police report.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually did call the police to report it, they asked if both vehicles were drive able, I said yes they are, they then asked if I think it is more that $2000 dollars in damages, I replied, I am unable to answer that as I am not a professional appraiser, they then told us to go to the vehicle collision reporting center in my town and they would take care of it. So we went down there, and the lady said that unless it is confirmed that the repairs would be more than $2000 bucks they couldn't do anything about it, and to just get ahold of our insurance companies to report it, I am in Alberta Canada, so now we wait to see, I already made the claim so that's in the process, I did tell my insurance company that the guy admitted to looking at his phone when he hit me, so that's a bonus I guess. They said it would be easier for them to convince the other guys insurance company he was at fault and accept the responsibility of making the repairs as needed

·
Senior member / silver
3,453 Posts
Another reason to not sit behind a car when stuck in traffic. Much safer to find the "bubble" between vehicles even if the law doesn't like it. Hope all gets taken care of swiftly.

Reactions: Roadie

·
Speak softly and carry a big stick. Teddy R
1,529 Posts
Got rear-ended while on a 09 Sportster back in 2010. The guy was doing the same thing, looking at his phone and not the road. His insurance came out to my place of employment, looked the bike over, made some calls to various HD dealerships and cut me a check right there, (progressive Insurance was the company). It sux when people don't pay attention to what there doing. But, it could have been much worse.
Happy your still with us to tell the tale.

Reactions: bustapepper

·
Registered
412 Posts
A little advice from a retired PO, next time get a police report.

100% - For Sure, call a cop and get it documented if you're the victim. That's a rule that can sure save your ass.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Busta

I have the front and rear tubular bumpers but they won't protect much. Methinks they're more for looks than protection. Glad the damage was minor.

Where, in AB, are you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts