Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new Kuryakan mid bike control setup for my Scout Bobber. Wish I had some warmer weather to put them on, but seeing as it's winter for awhile here, there is no need to rush. Directions were online and looks like it should be somewhat easy to do. I could get the propane heater running I guess.

·
Bronze member
1,338 Posts
Over the years I've discovered that I'm more the mid-placement (the ol' "standard riding position") kind'a guy too. Never got used to sittin' on my tailbone and with my feet forward while riding, and especially in the twisties. And so about 8 years ago I made some brackets that moved those forward foot controls back under me for my trusty ol' '02 Triumph Bonneville America here...

However, I soon noticed I had to add a couple inches of foam to my seat in order raise me up a bit and so my knees wouldn't be bent more than 90 degrees.

(...and so I guess my question to ya here ducatim900 would be: Do you think once you install those mid-controls on your Scout, if you'll have to go with a slightly higher seat too?...maybe one of those retro-styled tractor seats that I think look very cool on these Scouts?)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Over the years I've discovered that I'm more the mid-placement (the ol' "standard riding position") kind'a guy too. Never got used to sittin' on my tailbone and with my feet forward while riding, and especially in the twisties. And so about 8 years ago I made some brackets that moved those forward foot controls back under me for my trusty ol' '02 Triumph Bonneville America here...

However, I soon noticed I had to add a couple inches of foam to my seat in order raise me up a bit and so my knees wouldn't be bent more than 90 degrees.

(...and so I guess my question to ya here ducatim900 would be: Do you think once you install those mid-controls on your Scout, if you'll have to go with a slightly higher seat too?...maybe one of those retro-styled tractor seats that I think look very cool on these Scouts?)

The Corbin seat does seem to raise me up some. I am short, so we will see. Nice Bonny, I had a Duc, got too old.

·
Bronze member
1,338 Posts
The Corbin seat does seem to raise me up some. I am short, so we will see. Nice Bonny, I had a Duc, got too old.
Ah! I didn't notice your avatar earlier. Now I see the Corbin seat on your Scout, and yeah, it does look as if it's a bit higher than stock.

Those mid-controls will probably work out just fine for ya then.

(...especially if your legs aren't all that long)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah! I didn't notice your avatar earlier. Now I see the Corbin seat on your Scout, and yeah, it does look as if it's a bit higher than stock.

Those mid-controls will probably work out just fine for ya then.

(...especially if your legs aren't all that long)
Yeah, kinda why I gave up the Ducati, my short legs weren't working as fast to get them down when I needed to stop. Anyway, I sure hope so.

·
Registered
322 Posts
About an hour to install not including having to bleed the brake. I went with the Roland Sands. Realized after draining and disconnecting the brake system that I could have relocated the master cylinder without using a new brake line.
You may want to install the new brake side control before disconnecting the existing control and see if you can relocate the master cylinder and avoid having to bleed the brake.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
About an hour to install not including having to bleed the brake. I went with the Roland Sands. Realized after draining and disconnecting the brake system that I could have relocated the master cylinder without using a new brake line.
You may want to install the new brake side control before disconnecting the existing control and see if you can relocate the master cylinder and avoid having to bleed the brake.
According to the directions and the folks at Kuryakan, you don't have to take the brake line apart. We will see.

The Roland Sands look nice, but much more expensive and hit or miss if they had any in stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got the new Kuryakan mid bike control setup for my Scout Bobber. Wish I had some warmer weather to put them on, but seeing as it's winter for awhile here, there is no need to rush. Directions were online and looks like it should be somewhat easy to do. I could get the propane heater running I guess.
Hey I talked to the Kyryakyn engineer today and he says that the Mid Control kit they make is for the Scout...the Bobber has a way different set of pegs and their kit will not fit a Bobber. FYI

1 - 17 of 17 Posts