Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my new Chieftan this morning... got the last red 2014 at Chesapeake Cycles in Annapolis.
They are installing stage 1 exhaust and doing a reflash on the computer to eliminate the BTO.
I've been to several demo truck events over the past year and a half riding them every chance I could get. Now, looking for a window of half-way decent weather to bring her home over the holidays. Pretty excited!
I love my Vic Cross Roads, but going into consignment soon at Victory of Southern Maryland in White Plains.
Here's a pic of my new very cool ride...

20141218_104712_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
370 Posts
Awesome! Hopefully you get to enjoy your new ride soon! I've got stage 1's on mine. You're gonna love it...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Bought my new Chieftan this morning... got the last red 2014 at Chesapeake Cycles in Annapolis.
They are installing stage 1 exhaust and doing a reflash on the computer to eliminate the BTO.
I've been to several demo truck events over the past year and a half riding them every chance I could get. Now, looking for a window of half-way decent weather to bring her home over the holidays. Pretty excited!
I love my Vic Cross Roads, but going into consignment soon at Victory of Southern Maryland in White Plains.

View attachment 4135
Congrats on the new ride! Since it's Christmas, I can even be charitable to a Jayhawk.... Weather is supposed to be nice through Saturday, so maybe you will get her home yet this week.

M-I-Z!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Big congrats MDHawk2!
I know the feeling! Got my Chieftain in July! Hate to sleep! Rather be riding!!! Ride safe and enjoy that beautiful machine!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Beautiful bike, congrats :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

View attachment 4135
Awesome. And thanks for note about the BTO flash.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Congratulations. After 3000 miles on the same bike I hope you like it as much as I do. Don't forget they shift a little hard from first to second when cold when the RPM's are up but you'll get used to that. Shift early.....matter of fact you won't notice if you start in 2nd.......bring a thumb drive with music to see how that works. Also make sure it starts in gear with the kickstand up and the clutch in. My dealer kept telling me that it was not suppose to start until I found the right tech that found the broken micro switch on clutch handle. Good luck with the weather.

·
Founding member
769 Posts

View attachment 4135
Congrats on your new Chieftain, you will definitely love it. Do yourself a favor and get the rear crash bars installed right away. You will need them if for some reason it goes over. The saddlebags touch down and can be pretty spendy.
Enjoy your new ride.
Tom

·
Registered
303 Posts
Congrats! Beautiful looking ride...of course I am a bit biased, owning a red Chieftain myself. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good tip on the rear hi-way bars. Thanks! Called the dealer first thing this AM and asked for them to be installed.

I'm hoping for a window of decent wx tomorrow to bring my new Chieftan home. Rain and fog are forecast for morning hours. Looks like afternoon might be OK, albeit a bit chilly.

Hope I can sleep tonight! :)

Reactions: harry

·
Registered
796 Posts
You can never sleep the first night ha. I wanted mine home so bad,I brought it home in a thunder storm,could not see 20 feet soaked to the skin but i got it home. Congratulations on the new Chieftain .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts