Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a GoPro or camera mounted on your RM and if so, where and how is it fixed?
Greg

·
Registered
58 Posts
thinking of getting one and mounting on the Fairing

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had mine mounted on the fairing on my RSV, but I don't think I will do that on my Roadmaster. GoPro makes a suction cup mount that they say is rated to 200 mph, so I may try that and mount it on the windshield.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had mine mounted on the fairing on my RSV, but I don't think I will do that on my Roadmaster. GoPro makes a suction cup mount that they say is rated to 200 mph, so I may try that and mount it on the windshield.
I used the Go Pro suction cup mount on my Cross Country, and it worked great. I would mount it on the fairing just in front of the windshield, where I could see the red light indicting that it was recording. I have done 65 mph without an issue with that mount. Will find a location on the Roadmaster when spring gets here.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't notice it there when I'm riding. Easy to reach and it doesn't interfere with the windscreen. Picks up music from the speaker below

·
Registered
58 Posts
TwoDogs that is exactly what i was talking about, it makes sense seeing how you would need an extension for the Handlebars, but with that the camera moves as to stationary with the Faring.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Anybody using a helmet mount ? How does that work? Like the idea it moves with your head. Just have not researched helmet mounts yet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anybody using a helmet mount ? How does that work? Like the idea it moves with your head. Just have not researched helmet mounts yet.
I had it mounted on my helmet but it doesn't give the feeling of cornering etc as you tend to keep your head level. Also, the police are booking people for having cameras mounted on helmets over here

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I have been looking for the perfect location to mount the camera, but havent decided yet. I wonder why the Coppers would interfere with helmet mounted cameras? Unless it is an issue for a hands on device, which it isnt.
Ride safe

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree that the chain mount is very cool and a really different perspective as far as cornering and getting a feeling for riding, Meggie. But, what I am looking for is an unobtrusive way to capture the scenery as I ride by. I will do some research and see how people are mounting. Would like to avoid drilling a hole in the helmet. I am heading up to Montreal, CA out of Connecticut in a few weeks and I ride past Lake George and right through Lake Champlain on the Center Islands and it is outstanding views.

·
Registered
104 Posts
OK, A quick google and it looks like GoPro is out with adhesive mounts for the helmet. So, this is the look I am going for:

Seriously, here is a great link that talks about GoPro bike mounting.

GoPro Action Cam Mounting Tips - BikeBandit.com

Meggie, a couple of other ways to get the road angle are mentioned in the article as well - Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
the police are booking people for having cameras mounted on helmets over here
It's illegal to helmet-mount a camera in Aus? That sucks... wow.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Luckily, there are millions of sources on GoPro mounting. @enzo5000 on our forum has among the best examples on an Indian.

I bought and/fabricated numerous mounts, and I probably have 50 places to mount it and get power to it on our helmets, bikes and Land Cruiser.

Here is what I concluded - take thousands of pictures and videos from every angle possible to come up with a handful of winners. Learn Photoshop or Lightroom or another post-shoot editing software to make the output shine. And - helmet shots are generally boring as hell.

Final tip. Learn to use the time lapse feature. It will automatically take picture for you at a pre set interval, say 5 seconds, and as long as you have power hooked up, and a large card, you can record the entire trip.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts