Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Early joiner
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'd like to say goodbye to this Forum and all the members who have been good company! Yesterday I sold my 2015 first run red Scout and am out of Indians for the time being (still have some Triumphs, a Norton, and a Guzzi stashed away though). A quirky and authentic bloke called Mike rode her away heading to Auckland this morning, so she's going back to where she first landed in NZ. I've had a lot of fun over nearly 5 years and 12,600 km but it was time to move on, so there we go. My Scout was No. 2965, is now in its prime, and should give some awesome service. I fixed the suspension and fettled the motor, she was making a real 89.27 HP at the rear wheel, very sweet and deceptively quick.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me, and a special shout to Davetac - hope the Dark Horse is doing it still mate!! I have to say this Indian site was the best motorcycle forum I've been on; by comparison some Triumph and Guzzi forums are quite feral, and I've had unpleasant exchanges, but you Indian guys have been awesome!!
Run on everyone, we know why we do it!! - cheers Dr Pat

·
Silver member
4,981 Posts
And I had the nerve t o think you were going to say, "I traded it for a TS111 bike or a Challenger..."

Reactions: Demolition Man

·
Early joiner
2 Posts
Best of luck doc and we will see you down the road!
Well, I'd like to say goodbye to this Forum and all the members who have been good company! Yesterday I sold my 2015 first run red Scout and am out of Indians for the time being (still have some Triumphs, a Norton, and a Guzzi stashed away though). A quirky and authentic bloke called Mike rode her away heading to Auckland this morning, so she's going back to where she first landed in NZ. I've had a lot of fun over nearly 5 years and 12,600 km but it was time to move on, so there we go. My Scout was No. 2965, is now in its prime, and should give some awesome service. I fixed the suspension and fettled the motor, she was making a real 89.27 HP at the rear wheel, very sweet and deceptively quick.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me, and a special shout to Davetac - hope the Dark Horse is doing it still mate!! I have to say this Indian site was the best motorcycle forum I've been on; by comparison some Triumph and Guzzi forums are quite feral, and I've had unpleasant exchanges, but you Indian guys have been awesome!!
Run on everyone, we know why we do it!! - cheers Dr Pat

·
Early joiner
2 Posts
This is my first post…but I have been a member since 2014!

I remember the early days when we were waiting for our pre-ordered, first run Indian Scouts. All we could do was dream about owning and riding the bikes that many of us had only seen in photos.

As I was seeking any information available on the motorcycle of my dreams, I came upon this site. You were one of the first posters that caught my eye. I fondly remember your illustrated postings that encouraged us to imagine what could be done with a motorcycle that we may someday own. You have quite a talent with graphics.

We owe you, and many like you, a debt that is hard to repay. You kept up our hopes while we (in the US) waited out what would become a long winter’s wait. I personally waited from September 2014 until May 2015 for my Scout, after selling my beloved ride of 20 years! Your buoyant enthusiasm during that time was something I treasure.

THANK YOU and best of luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts