Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked on line for a few days and have been unable to find any quality rolling shop stools. Every one I've looked at has had many terrible reviews- even expensive ones.

Anybody here with a suggestion on a proven quality shop stool? I'm about 250 lbs.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I have had the Harbor Freight one for over ten years. I weigh 250#'s and have not had an issue with it. Some of their stuff actually works pretty good.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it a Kings Pneumatic 11 shop stools?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had the Harbor Freight one for over ten years. I weigh 250#'s and have not had an issue with it. Some of their stuff actually works pretty good.
Really. I'll check them out. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Reactions: GaD57

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm impressed by the reviews, too. There's a Harbor Freight about an hour south of my...think I'll drive down there tomorrow and pick one up!. Thanks, Arapaho!

Reactions: Arapaho

·
Registered
394 Posts
The one I have is over 20 years old, rolls smooth and the piston still works. You wont find another one like it. Wish they still made quality. Think I bought it through the Matco Tool guy

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I'm impressed by the reviews, too. There's a Harbor Freight about an hour south of my...think I'll drive down there tomorrow and pick one up!. Thanks, Arapaho!
It works, and it's under $30 bucks. However, my bet is you spend more once you start lookin around, lol.

Reactions: Chichi scout

·
Registered
125 Posts
This may or may not be what you want, but I'm a big guy and shop stools always felt like they were "marginal". When we moved, my wife had a perfectly good office chair in the throw-away pile. I removed the backrest (it was bolted on under the seat) and adjusted it down as low as it would go...instant shop stool. It works great and feels very secure, has 5 legs with nice big roller wheels, etc., and the price was right!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've had two harbor freight stools over the years and both have developed a problem after a while. Piston on the current one leaks, so it slowly lowers, and the other began to bend where the piston meets the base. Guess Iam just hard on them, but for $20.00 bucks I just throw them in the trash and get another every couple of years.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Reactions: Chichi scout
1 - 14 of 14 Posts