Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Very inventive! Be sure all is well secured. I don't want to read the headline; "Motorcyclist golfer impaled by carbon fiber club bag gizmo"

·
Founding member
664 Posts
Sweet, that's hardcore love of the game.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Great idea!
I'm glad to see that they allowed your Scout onto the greens.
Maybe more people will be liking the idea of riding around the course on an Indian, then a -.-. Cart.;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Very nice
Would one fit on the bag spools of a Classis?

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The mounting is very secure. You can pick up the back end of the bike with it. I had to con my way onto the green to take photos. I love golf but it doesn't like me. Unless high scores are a good thing.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice
Would one fit on the bag spools of a Classis?
I think the spools are similar, so it should fit with a mild modification. I used 3/4" black polypropylene (reduced to 1/2") with cut outs that fit over the spools. The bags still have room to mount. Then bolt screws under the spool to lock it in place.

·
Rider
878 Posts
Hmmmm. this might provide the bones of an English longbow mount for the Chief... Mounting six and a half feet of longbow down the side of a bike seems to be a non-starter.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Who needs a golf cart when you can take your Indian out on the greens?

Very interesting (and crazy) idea - I like it!

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I confess. Biking is much more rewarding than golf. I just can't resist the frustration of hitting the ball into the woods.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Does anyone take their golf clubs on the bike to go play golf? I do. I made a carbon fiber golf rack that quick releases on the Scout. Post any photos if you are as crazy as me. View attachment 19687
Now that is cool setup. Well done :D

·
Registered
938 Posts
When I played, I would bungee cord them to the back. If anyone has ever been to any of the countries in Asia, they've seen all kinds of things loaded on the back off a bike. One guy had 5 propane tanks stacked and strapped to a bike.

·
Senior member / silver
3,453 Posts
If I could find a way ride, fish, play golf and screw ll at the same time.............................

·
Rider
878 Posts
I love golf but it doesn't like me. Unless high scores are a good thing.
Marcus, archery might cure you of high scores. It works for me.

Seriously, that golf rack is a brilliant piece of work.

Tie your bow to an arrow, shoot the arrow, start the Scout, and chase after it.
I like your thinking. I'd need to work up to that, perhaps by riding up and down the shooting line on the archery club's lawn mower while practicing my shot routine.

Yeah, I think that would be considered "jousting" at that point
It'd look pretty cool, though. And probably land me a ticket for something or other. I think the way to go with a bow rack would be very similar to Marcus' golf rack.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts