Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Going back to stock mufflers (have questions)

1625 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  stockjar
I have a 2017 Limited and have done the following:
FP True Duals
FP 4.5" slipons
Indian Performance Air Cleaner
PCVX Tuner w/ mapping for those mods

I have decided the FP 4.5" slipons are just louder than I want to tour with. The question I have is...

When going back to stock mufflers, do I need to have FuelMoto remap for the change?
Any other concerns I might need to look at?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
395 Posts
have fuelmoto send you a new map with the changes you make.

· Original member / Distinguished
5,866 Posts
I thought I'd need a new map too when I went from Indian stage 1 mufflers that had been on for 2 years back to my stock mufflers because they just got too loud with the cat removed. But I couldn't see a single performance hit. This was with Fuelmoto stage 2 map. I've since worked with Craig getting a specific tune and I'd be willing to bet I would see problems now if I switched. I think Fuelmoto's is loose enough for a wide range of mufflers. Your best bet is to give it a try and if you see problems request a new map based on your change.

Reactions: Tefloncandy

· Original member / Distinguished
5,866 Posts
Will they bolt on to a 2016 Chieftain? I wanted to play around with some mods but I didnt want to waste a lot of money. Thanks
They certainly should but in this day and age I who knows. But 14 thru 16 should all work as long as it's from the same model. And even then a Roadmaster should work as well.

· Registered
6 Posts
Reinie if you could estimate the shipping cost when you have time. I will check to make sure it will bolt up this week and we can do a deal. Thanks for your time and patience I am a little new to this forum world.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.