Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get the gift of protection from Indian for the screen?
I did. It came with a letter that says
"Shit. We discovered we Phucked up yet again on the FTR and Challenger, and didn't discover it until people owned them, that the screens we chose for the bike, can't handle being touched, nor handle being outdoors in the UV light.
So here is some cell phone screen protectors on us." It goes on to say
"We Sent them directly to you to do it yourself. if you need us to fix our problems, call for an appointment"
I'm paraphrasing a lil bit.
Anyone else get this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
"Shit. We discovered we Phucked up yet again on the FTR and Challenger, and didn't discover it until people owned them, that the screens we chose for the bike, can't handle being touched, nor handle being outdoors in the UV light.
"We Sent them directly to you to do it yourself. if you need us to fix our problems, call for an appointment"
Anyone else get this?
**** all about it in Australia yet

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
The exact reason my GPS doesn’t have a touch screen. At one point they WILL scratch.

My dash so far has been scratch free (I hardly ever touch it anyway, you can do most with the left hand joystick anyway), but if they ever release navigation software for our Ride Command, yeah, you need a screen protector...

(nothing showed up in our mailbox yet btw)

·
Rider
1,336 Posts
Bought one of these as soon as they were available, been on for months. You buy a pack of two or three and can mix and match clear/anti glare etc.

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,441 Posts
The exact reason my GPS doesn’t have a touch screen. At one point they WILL scratch.

My dash so far has been scratch free (I hardly ever touch it anyway, you can do most with the left hand joystick anyway), but if they ever release navigation software for our Ride Command, yeah, you need a screen protector...

(nothing showed up in our mailbox yet btw)
I thought the Ride Command used Gorilla Glass ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought the Ride Command used Gorilla Glass ?

Exactly!!!
Gorilla glass does not scratch.
I'm a tech, my hands are equivalent to 1500 grit sand paper.
Not a scratch on my 6 year old HTC M9 gorilla glass equipped device I'm swiping (dragging my fingers) this message on...

But that is not my biggest concern,, UV?! Seriously? They are seeing adverse effects due to UV already? on equipment destined to be used out doors?
Sounds like someone was lied to...

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nope - was in my dealer the other day and they didn't mention it either.
Given how hot it gets here you'd think they would look after us first>
Agreed. If they have seen issues regarding UV. Your flag and other sun baked states should take precedence over me, who had seen the sun exactly 3 times for 10 minutes since last October.....

·
Registered
778 Posts
Agreed. If they have seen issues regarding UV. Your flag and other sun baked states should take precedence over me, who had seen the sun exactly 3 times for 10 minutes since last October.....
LMAO!
in all seriousness though, the amount of sun and heat we get down here often doesn't get taken in to account by vehicle manufacturers located overseas.
but we're kinda used to it now lol

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LMAO!
in all seriousness though, the amount of sun and heat we get down here often doesn't get taken in to account by vehicle manufacturers located overseas.
but we're kinda used to it now lol
My fellow statesmen in new Mexico,Arizona,Texas, SoCal., and Nevada have had similar regards in the past..

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,441 Posts
Exactly!!!
Gorilla glass does not scratch.
I'm a tech, my hands are equivalent to 1500 grit sand paper.
Not a scratch on my 6 year old HTC M9 gorilla glass equipped device I'm swiping (dragging my fingers) this message on...

But that is not my biggest concern,, UV?! Seriously? They are seeing adverse effects due to UV already? on equipment destined to be used out doors?
Sounds like someone was lied to...
So did they change the glass on the newer models ?

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So did they change the glass on the newer models ?

Are there new models? Lol
I don't think so...

Besides, I was a first order depositor.

I think Indian was either duped by supplier, or jumped the gun on marketing it as such.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anyone else get this?
Just got mine today ..ugh

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are on top of it. I'm glad they give Ya 2. It was tongue in cheek humor. ("Humour" for the French and Union Jackers)
It's easy to do, and the results if done right are invisible besides the obvious blue reflection when powered down. (purpose full in its design to block blue light, so it has to reflect it. Can't stop energy! It can only be alerted!)

I hope if Indian was duped, they get "there's", and alter that "energy" into this model, and moving it forward.

·
Bronze member
2,245 Posts
This was part of a service letter. All owners will eventually get them
And all dealers will get them to install on the floor bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 60 Posts