Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Rider
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been anticipating the arrival of my new riding boots (which arrived today and I have to return them - but that's another story on another thread) and I've been worried about the position of my shift lever. If I remember correctly, the shift linkage on the Gilroy Chief's was above the primary, but on my 2015 Vintage it's below the primary. I'm not as bendy as I used to be, and trying to get under the primary to fiddle with it was not an option. So on my ride today I stopped at Brothers Powersports in Bremerton, WA - a recent addition to the Indian dealerships.

We'd bought a Honda Shadow Aero 750 there for my wife back in 2004 and the same guy (Mike) is still the service manager. I explained my concern and asked him what it would cost me (their shop rate is only $65/hour - but still . . . ) to have someone put the Vintage up on a lift and adjust the shift lever upwards. He looked at me for a second and said "Don't worry about it - we'll just do it." The Indian tech had just returned from lunch and in less than 15 minutes I was on my way with a shift lever adjusted just right for me.

Nice to know that kind of customer service is out there. Your results may vary.

·
Bronze member
1,148 Posts
Other Indian dealerships should take notice of this posting,,,.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts