Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are all the chief tins identical from that 4 year Gilroy era? And out of curiousity, do any of you know if the new Chief rear fenders are longer than a Gilroy rear fender? Thx in advance!

·
Registered
105 Posts
NO they are not. Rear fenders were changed in 2002 when the frame was changed. Do not know about the length on Polaris VS older. Tanks were also a running change. Not sure about front fenders. They changed forks in 02 so there may have been some changes there as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO they are not. Rear fenders were changed in 2002 when the frame was changed. Do not know about the length on Polaris VS older. Tanks were also a running change. Not sure about front fenders. They changed forks in 02 so there may have been some changes there as well.
Thank you very much. Had an idea about running a different set of tins so I could paint mine, an '03. Guess when the time.comes, I'll just stay with '03 extra tins.
Looks to me like the newer fenders are a little longer, but never measured them. I thought it would really be beautiful to have a good fabricator create me a unique rear fender that followed the same lines, angles and drop distance yo the ground as the front fender. That front fender with that 34° rak e just makes me keep looking at it like a piece of art,. lol !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts